Nidalee has bugs! Didn't you know?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udub

08-17-2011

Why haven't they been fixed before they nidalee changes then?

RiotNyandalee

Operations Scrum Master

08-17-2011
12 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udub View Post
Why haven't they been fixed before they nidalee changes then?
Completely valid point. I would have loved to see her bug fixes come with the changes. However, with the scope of the sustain changes, it would have been inappropriate to leave Nidalee's heal as is. The alternative would have been nerfing her heal and waiting to buff her till the bug fixes were ready... I personally feel like that option would have been a poor choice.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2011

probably because they want to push out the support changes with dominion. Too bad Nidalee is really in a class of her own. she doesn't fit in the same role as other supports. W/E.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2011

This is from another thread but for the most part describes the problem with these inc nidalee changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagee Prime View Post
These changes to Nidalee don't really address her problem. Late game is going to be even worse for her still. that 20 armor and MR means nothing. I normally have 150 armor and MR on her most games anyway which makes what 2-5% more damage reduction at that point. The loss of the dodge is even worse since she will not be able to proc nimbleness or get anywhere near her old dodge amount.

Nerfing her heal ultimately nerfs her cougar form very hard. you almost always have to use that heal to heal up all the damage you took just to deal damage with cougar form.

This basically makes it so after taking damage in a team fight Nidalee is done. There are no defensive abilities or buffs on Nidalee. No CC of any kind. All she had was a heal and mobility on a squishy melee.

With that mana cost doubled you best be increasing her attack range because there is no way she is going to be able to solo lanes now. She has no reliable damage sources. They all require you to land long range or melee skillshots.

How is Nidalee supposed to harass when her main damage ability before 6 has double the mana cost?

A swipe buff finally but it still doesn't address the problem that pounce out damages it. It should have a 0.6-0.7 AP ratio to compensate for the range you have to get in to use it.

As for pounce I really didn't expect this and I'm pretty sure that is all I'm going to hear about now "pounce = OP escape".

TLDR:

Heal is Nidalee main form of early harass and is now useless for harass due to mana costs
She needs an attack range buff to compensate for weaker lane presence
Swipe is still not strong enough
Pounce = wtf are you thinking
Ult giving some defense is nice but it is still too weak.

Sagee Prime

08-18-2011

Moving my thread is still to me a giant slap in the face.

leonresevil2

08-19-2011

bump

Sagee Prime

08-19-2011

sigh

Sagee Prime

08-20-2011

You know you guys could at least sticky my thread in the bugs section.

fuffychan

08-20-2011

Sawry Nyandalee, I know youre probably working on this but its just hard when theres no visible progress.

Sagee Prime

08-20-2011

Why don't you guys just rebuild her code. You could have made 12+ new Nidalee's by now. The same thing with Shaco.