Songs of the Summoned 2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bjra

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikasaur View Post
It was primarily judged on audio. A good video submission with a good song will probably make it into the Showcase, but would not stand out over an amazing song with no video. Primarily these will be heard as songs, independently of youtube and all visualizations and even someday we might give away the original songs on a CD at events, so the song is the real focus!

A cool video is definitely a bonus, I saw a few that were extremely entertaining and made the song that much cooler. I'm looking for ways to get those submissions the visibility they deserve!
I sure hope my original song got put in the right category. I was scared when you messaged me saying it was moved into the parody category! I put in a lot of effort to make the beat from scratch and then write the lyrics and rap them

When are the results gonna be posted, i'm chomping at the bit lol

KaiCM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman Reborn View Post
throw in a song of the summoned showcase?
Love this idea, especially since I originally made my video for the Summoner's showcase.

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2011

Quote:
It was primarily judged on audio. A good video submission with a good song will probably make it into the Showcase, but would not stand out over an amazing song with no video. Primarily these will be heard as songs, independently of youtube and all visualizations and even someday we might give away the original songs on a CD at events, so the song is the real focus!

A cool video is definitely a bonus, I saw a few that were extremely entertaining and made the song that much cooler. I'm looking for ways to get those submissions the visibility they deserve!
Ah, good to know. Thank you for answer!

By the way, this contest gave us much less time to prepare our entries (bad) but also was judged faster (good).
What was the reason of haste? I think about next volumes - will they have similar deadlines?

Segmented

08-17-2011

Quote:
Special edition Summoner's Showcase focused only on songs that didn't win?

ZerothUS

08-17-2011

Winners seem to be chosen over a day already, so why not make the list of winners public? A lot of people are waiting for it..

Badministrator

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerothUS View Post
Winners seem to be chosen over a day already, so why not make the list of winners public? A lot of people are waiting for it..
They have to get the post written and possibly a video produced. They have to get releases from the winners signed and returned also.

Muzicjohn

08-17-2011

Nikaaa, one question: when? ;]

nikasaur

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotNikasaur on Twitter

08-17-2011
9 of 9 Riot Posts

By tonight. We need to finalize the list, get everything set up for the announcement and posted. It takes longer than it seems, and there's still so much to do to prepare for PAX that I'm balancing a lot!

Definitely by tonight. Then we can, collectively, rock out.

Badministrator

08-17-2011

Quote:
By tonight. We need to finalize the list, get everything set up for the announcement and posted. It takes longer than it seems, and there's still so much to do to prepare for PAX that I'm balancing a lot!

Thanks for the response miss. Looking forward to seeing what you chose.

Belsatzar

08-17-2011

Quote:

Aw. Your tonight would be my noon. Sadface.
Still, I'm glad there's progress. I don't really envy you for your task. I imagine it would keep me up night after night as well ... well, okay, it did nonetheless. But for different reasons!