"Riot Squad Singed will be available at Riot events"

1234511 ... 39
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

08-16-2011

UPDATE

Riot has listened! Thank you Riot so much, and thanks everyone for showing their support. Shows again that Riot does listen to the community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
Summoners!

You've asked for it, and we're here to deliver. Due to popular demand, Riot Squad Singed will be making one final appearance in the League of Legends Store during PAX Prime in Seattle, Washington this year. This now limited edition skin will be available for purchase for 975RP from the 26th of August through the 28th of August. After this time Riot Squad Singed will be formally retiring and handing over the mantle of League of Legends mascot to our brand new team member, Riot K-9 Nasus.

If you've already acquired Riot Singed, or you're simply more of a dog person, you can also to pick up Riot K-9 Nasus during this time by either visiting the official Riot Games booth on the show floor or visiting the League of Legends Store where he will also be available for 975 RP.

Visit the Store during PAX Prime to get your hands on these epic Riot Squad skins, and for your final chance to bid farewell to Riot Singed before he retires!

[aws2=news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/Nasus_Splash_4.jpg]news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/Nasus_Splash_4_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/Untitled-1.jpg]news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/Untitled-1_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/Untitled-3.jpg]news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/Untitled-3_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/Untitled-4.jpg]news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/Untitled-4_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/Untitled-5.jpg]news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/Untitled-5_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/RiotSquadSinged_1.jpg]news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/sthumb1.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/RiotSquadSinged_2.jpg]news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/sthumb2.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/Singed_Riot_Squad.jpg]news/August_2011/2011_08_16_riot_nasus/sthumb3.jpg[/aws2]

Except now that it won't.

Some people were waiting for a riot event, Riot, to buy riot squad singed. You can't just make it limited after saying it would be at riot events. Especially without telling us it would become limited.

I was out of state the last time it went on sale, and have been waiting for another Riot event. Come to find out, he won't be on sale anymore.

Put it back on sale for riot events. At least one more time with an announcement saying it will be the last event. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
Summoners!

It’s been nearly a year since we began giving away Riot Squad Singed to summoners who came to visit us at live events. Since so much time has passed, we thought that it was only appropriate to allow Singed to step down from his tour of duty as Riot Police and retire. With Riot Squad Singed now a limited skin, that means we have room for a new member of the unit!
Just make an announcement that there will be one FINAL riot squad singed sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xHero View Post
Link to original Riot Singed announcement: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=218180

"Any time you're at an event where Riot has a representative, they'll be armed to the teeth with codes redeemable for Riot Singed."
"Now, if an airline ticket isn't in your budget, but you still want to get your hands on Riot Singed, you'll be able to purchase him from the League of Legends store while a live event is going on."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawsless View Post
Wow it has been out for so many events already, you snooze you lose.
I would agree with you, had Riot ever mentioned that the skin would EVER become limited, OR if they announced a final sale or some such. They didn't. I literally have been doing the math to make sure I would have enough RP left over to buy the skin. Until it randomly became limited with no warning.

For all the people posting/ thinking "Well then I want XXXXX limited skin, too!" This guy gets it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintello View Post
That's not what's being asked.

They never announced that PAX East would be the final chance to purchase Riot Singed from the store.

Now just weeks before PAX Prime they announce that this will be the final chance to grab Riot Singed and it will only be given to those who COSPLAY and it will not be in the store ONE LAST TIME.

It would still be limited after PAX Prime ends[3 days] it will thus not be available to anyone who didn't get it from the event or the store.

All they need to do is put it up for sale during PAX Prime and allow ALL who attend their booth to get one.

this will make the majority of their players and fans happy.

EDIT: If you support Riot Squad Singed going on sale for a last, announced time, instead of just thrown out and forgotten, please up vote this post. A lot of people who already own the skin are down voting. <3

Hopefully we can get a reds attention...

Edit again! :

What a lot of people do not understand is that Riot put a normal skin on "limited" status with no previous warning. There was no "this is your last chance" thread. Why? Does anyone remember Rusty Blitzcrank? He was a normal skin, and when riot decided to make him limited, they gave us time limit AND a sale!!!!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrumb View Post
Attention all LoLers! The Rusty Blitzcrank skin will no longer be available for purchase after January 17th. This is your last chance to add this skin to your inventory before it leaves the Store. To celebrate Rusty's last weekend, we are offering the skin for 25% off.

Rusty Blitzcrank skin (previously 520 RP), now only 390 RP!

Don't miss out on adding these charming digs for everyone's favorite metal man. After this weekend, the Rusty Blitzcrank skin will be locked away in the Riot vault and will no longer be able for purchase in the Store.

Note: As with the holiday skins, you can continue to use the Rusty Blitzcrank skin after it has been discontinued, but only if you have purchased it.

UPDATE: This sale has ended.
Why was this not the case for Riot Singed, Riot? We are waiting for your response.

Edit: 20 pages and no red yet...
Edit: Killburst made a petition to increase the chance that Riot will see our plea ! /singed here

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1108985

Zanien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-16-2011

YEA i want rioted singed!

Junmita

08-16-2011

Singeeeeed!

Katana

Master Recruiter

08-16-2011

Put it on sale at least one more time. Riot you should have given us a heads up before making the skin limited.

someroastedbeef

08-16-2011

zzzzz

Bloofyre

08-16-2011

/singed

NarGie

08-16-2011

bump

Gilvado

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana View Post
Except now that it won't.

Some people were waiting for a riot event, Riot, to buy riot squad singed. You can't just make it limited after saying it would be at riot events. Especially without telling us it would become limited.

I was out of state the last time it went on sale, and have been waiting for another Riot event. Come to find out, he won't be on sale anymore.

Put it back on sale for riot events. At least one more time with an announcement saying it will be the last event. Seriously.

Just make an announcement that there will be one FINAL riot squad singed sale.
I agree that announcing the last time he'll be on sale would have been a smart choice.

xFrankenstein

08-16-2011

i can agree, i got ripped when they had thier championship in sweden and that was a riot event... no singed. I did however buy trynd since it said it was limited to that... They lied there too.

Blitzkrieg2011

08-16-2011

Riot this ample chance to take my money, bring Riot Singed back! One more time...

1234511 ... 39