Clarity on sustain changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeKobe

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTheTime View Post
Seriously who the hell ever gets 10 starcall onto one person?
whoever got 20 stacks onto one person lol

the most i got was like 15 on baron. Thank god they reduced the stacks to 10, it was just impossible to get to 20.

KhazrakOneEye

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKickass View Post
I, for one, support the changes to supports. Now I can build Soraka in ways that make her a viable top solo, going either proc build or AP/Lich Bane.
wut

Dragull

08-16-2011

Quote:
I always played Soraka as you said. I don't use starcall though, because of it's VERY poor range. Not only will it likely push the lane hard if it's doing reasonable damage, but it draws ALOT of minion agro, puts you right in the enemies lap and usually causes your death. I top off, yes. But if a determined enemy engages you're often forced to choose whether to save yourself or your lanemate(and if you're overextended it's probably a double kill)
I was going to post this.

Starcall = melee ability.
Make the range something like 750 and we'll use it.

Refugee

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
B....but....

It is....
When you go into a game and actually play it for say 20 minutes she is ALWAYS doing 20% less damage?

Because when I go into a game and play it I experience the bug at level 1 for about 10 seconds then it pretty much goes away. I tested in five different games to level 6 today and never experienced the bug for more than a handful of auto attacks.

What exactly are you doing to have the bug persist throughout an entire game because I can not manage to do it.

Classick

Game Designer

08-16-2011
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1OverDrive View Post
What about a cooldown reduction mechanism like for skarner, that lowers cooldown on heal spells everytime they attack an enemy champion. It would encourage the support character to play more aggressively so that their heal spells become available quicker.
Ideas such as this one is what we like! Your sustain is quite weak out of combat when playing passive but if you are active in combat it can become quite powerful. We did something very similar to this with Taric's heal.

Pragz

08-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
B....but....

It is....
No matter how much logic there is, to the community a bugfix is just a bugfix... not to mention the bug only persisted until after you used an Aria Chord once, so it only fixes her damage for the first minute or so.

Currently the damage is just so low when compared to the mana costs and her low mana pool that there's no incentive to use it... especially after the Aria nerfs where there will have to be more casts for the same effect.

Just saying that as a support, Hymn is never going to be maxed first and you probably won't be using the Power Chord compared to the other two. It should have higher early-rank damage so it's more effective as a one-point wonder. See: Janna tornado, Taric stun.

Conncept

08-16-2011

Some of us have been working on several suggestions here>>> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post12976876
We'd love to have some feedback

Phreak

Shoutcaster

08-16-2011
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seffie99 View Post
if you are in range to cast starcall you're gonna get bursted. Front lining with Soraka is like front lining with an AD carry, just plain stupid. The difference between Soraka sona, and taric alistar is that they have defensive qualities to them allowing them to front line. You wanna nerf their sustain? fine. Just give Soraka and Sona some defensiveness or mobility to counter act that.

Also: don't bring up the 5 sec buff that comes with Soraka's heal, you should be healing your carries not yourself to get off some useless starcall stacks.
Bursted

Silence

Does not compute

PrincessDerpy

08-16-2011

Why pick a passive support whose passive attributes have been weakened and whose offenses are outclassed over offensive supports?

THAT IS THE FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM AND IT'S REALLY ANNOYING THAT RIOT POSTERS KEEP IGNORING IT.

Lichtung

08-16-2011

Soraka was barely viable even now in serious games, Taric/Sona/Alistar can just overpower her at low lvl and win lane through aggression. Sure, it's different in soloq where you will get more mileage out of Soraka, but in team ranked Soraka is rarely the best option available. CCless champs need a lot of extra oomph either in regards to dmg, or healing, you can count silence as a CC but it's situational how CC-ing it really is (it depends on the champion you're facing), while a stun has always the same effect.