I am going to start banning caitlyn at 2050 ELO

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Denerka

08-14-2011

Lol Orianna?

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

08-14-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The changes we did to Caitlyn's traps (max 3, faster arm time, slightly wider trip radius) really gave Caitlyn a new dimension. I'm of the opinion she is also currently the strongest AD champion, but not to the point where she rules out other picks (not to say this is the entire balance team's opinion -- Classick actually believes Trist to be the strongest). I don't believe this is a time to jump to any "nerf Caitlyn" conclusions.

A Little Haley

08-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarasoth View Post
So what you're saying is you want to nerf Caitlyn's early game, in other words the only thing she has going for her as an AD carry? A lategame Caitlyn is definitely not on par with a lategame Ashe.

People just want to nerf all characters that goes against the super passive farm farm farm meta LoL is stuck in. I hope a new meta comes out soon, cause this wave of "OMG THIS CHARACTER IS OP/MUSTBAN BECAUSE I CAN'T FARM PASSIVELY" is really getting out of hand.
Are you serious? Caitlyn's passive automatically gives her more damage than Ashe, as Ashe has 0 steroids aside from her horrifically outdated passive. Her volley honestly doesn't increase her damage, as it takes the time of an auto attack (or more with enough AS) and only scales 1:1. Ashe is literally the worst AD carry in the game as far as damage is concerned. The only thing she has going for her is her ultimate.

DoctorMcPain

08-14-2011

I'd like to point out that Ashe's nerf was pretty unnoticeable, so the survival of the fittest argument is kinda lame to put out.

IIZekoII

08-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarasoth View Post
People just want to nerf all characters that goes against the super passive farm farm farm meta LoL is stuck in. I hope a new meta comes out soon, cause this wave of "OMG THIS CHARACTER IS OP/MUSTBAN BECAUSE I CAN'T FARM PASSIVELY" is really getting out of hand.
+1

Creamy Cake

08-14-2011

her ****ty ult makes up for this, it can be easily blocked so its kinda of a free shot on the person who feels like taking it

A Little Haley

08-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswho19 View Post
her ****ty ult makes up for this, it can be easily blocked so its kinda of a free shot on the person who feels like taking it
It's kinda funny when there's like 2-3 people who it would all kill and one of them has to take it. I always do it 'cause I wanna feel like a hero

▀lackmill

08-14-2011

I have to agree. After all the nerfs to other carrys Cait is the best now. Now they will nerf her and it will be the end of the ad carry meta.

Azarasoth

08-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAWHALEOOORAOOR View Post
Are you serious? Caitlyn's passive automatically gives her more damage than Ashe, as Ashe has 0 steroids aside from her horrifically outdated passive. Her volley honestly doesn't increase her damage, as it takes the time of an auto attack (or more with enough AS) and only scales 1:1. Ashe is literally the worst AD carry in the game as far as damage is concerned. The only thing she has going for her is her ultimate.
Funny how you only compare them in terms of damage. Of course Caitlyn is going to outdamage Ashe, but it's the UTILITY Ashe brings to the team that makes her a better pick then Caitlyn.

Ashe has SO much utility. She has a cv every 30 ~ 40 secs that also gives her bonus gold, she has a short cd AOE that doesn't stun her for 1 sec that also slows, she has a toggle Q that literally perma-slows champs and a global ultimate that can be used to initiate ganks in other lanes, and initiate team-fights late-game. You cannot compare Caitlyn's utility to Ashe outside, and possibly even during, laning phase.

Yes, Caitlyn outshines her by miles in laning phase, but it's literally the only thing she has going for her. Nerf her niche, you're left with a mediocre AD Carry who scales badly toward late game. Caitlyn NEEDS to snowball. If she doesn't, which isn't uncommon, she tickles you from 650 range.

I don't get this community. This is why I stay out of ranked.

French boss

08-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotStatikk View Post
The changes we did to Caitlyn's traps (max 3, faster arm time, slightly wider trip radius) really gave Caitlyn a new dimension. I'm of the opinion she is also currently the strongest AD champion, but not to the point where she rules out other picks (not to say this is the entire balance team's opinion -- Classick actually believes Trist to be the strongest). I don't believe this is a time to jump to any "nerf Caitlyn" conclusions.
play on EU with your tristana and have fun