Time limit for Dominion.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AFuzzyLion

08-12-2011

I'm wondering if there's a time limit for Dominion(a red post confirming or debunking would be great).
The thought hadn't even crossed my mind until i saw the attached screenshot from the dominion site. I mean, i can understand limiting co-op vs. ai, but Dominion is still pvp. I guess they don't want Summoner's Rift to die? Anyway. You can see that the game lasted 22 minutes. Underneath it, you can also see "158 minutes." Add them up and you get 180, the time limit for co-op games.
Which sucks. Why would you work for over a year(incognito at that) on this awesome new game mode and then slap a time limit on it?
I was looking forward to Dominion. But this has me a little bummed.
I guess maybe they just want to limit the ip gained from it? I'd hope Riot wouldn't be that... underhanded. I mean, from a business perspective, i can understand. But that kinda goes back on everything Riot has ever said about the players being the #1 priority.
It just... almost defeats the whole purpose of a new game mode.
Discuss, bump for reds, downvote, upvote, derail into a Rammus "ok" thread. Just gettin the word out so no one is blindsided come the end of the month.

Edit: Reds have said in other threads it was a custom game. Which accounts for the time limit(as custom and co-op timers are shared). So there's no evidence saying there'll be a limit. But i'll leave the my post for anyone to read on the off-chance they do want to implement a timer. As i still think it would be a horrible idea.

AFuzzyLion

08-12-2011

Shameless self-bump. Also re-up'd the attachment because evidently riot hates png's.
Edit: i was unaware there was a dominion section of the forums now o-o
thanks to whoever moved it then.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-13-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The 158 minutes is the amount of minutes remaining for *practice games* that you can still earn IP for the day. It's not a Dominion specific feature, it just happens that that screenshot was taken from a practice game.

Ferd

08-13-2011

that game was 22 minutes it says under Normal in the top left

Iolaus

08-13-2011

Epic facepalm thread is epic...

Kenfrot

08-13-2011

thanks for clearing that up, can we go on with our lives?

Voiso

08-13-2011

All I see in this picture is everyone has ghost. It makes me as sad as seeing everyone take flash.

Madman Reborn

08-13-2011

I guess it's normal though for a map like that, mobility seems to be key. Also, it isn't the same, ghost is nearly as problematic as flash is. Ghost won't do you much if you get slowed or stunned, at least flash actually closes or creates a gap instantly. I bet there's a lot of Ghostbaiting goin on on that map lol.