Owning more points detrimental?

First Riot Post
12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spikey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-12-2011

From the website videos it says that minions will only spawn if you own the selected point.

If team A owns 3 points and team B owns 2. The damage to the nexus seems quite small and slow.

Team B however has an extra 50% income potential as compared to team A because of more minions to kill streaming in?

Could you not sit on two points for ages and then all of a sudden have much better items and dominate at the end? Seems counter-intuitive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NubTub2pin

Senior Member

08-12-2011

its risk reward, it can be risky to sit on 2, cuz the other team might just push and go 4-1 on you because they have the extra minion support

but if you do sit on it, itll be easier to farm

it will also help prevent it from getting to a stalemate, and from it snowballing to a point where you are too far behind to win


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-12-2011

Also depends on where the points are... If I understand correctly, minions only spawn to ADJACENT unowned points. If you have 3 in a row only 2 will spawn minions heading to the 2 unclaimed ones probably? And the enemy would also only spawn 2?
So, they probably figured that out is why they only spawn for adjacent ones. xP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aqueous Inferno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Sniper View Post
Also depends on where the points are... If I understand correctly, minions only spawn to ADJACENT unowned points. If you have 3 in a row only 2 will spawn minions heading to the 2 unclaimed ones probably? And the enemy would also only spawn 2?
So, they probably figured that out is why they only spawn for adjacent ones. xP
Exactly, so you can't have more than 2 streams of minions coming in at once. In other words, more points is always better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-12-2011

Actually you can have up to 3, can't you? If you have two bottom and one top for example with two unowned points in between them?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pinith

Senior Member

08-12-2011

I think promote will let the more aggressive team with more capture points break people who sit on two points to farm.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gandalph

Senior Member

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinith View Post
I think promote will break the game, just like in the beta.
I think you made a clerical error there, fixed it for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RipCarlin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-12-2011

I assume that if you have captured a point that's between 2 enemy points, that yours will spawn minions on both sides.

If that's the case then no matter how many flags either team has captured, the number of minion waves will always be equal for both sides.

As for the max number of waves, I would assume it is 4. If you have both bottom caps and the top, each bottom will have one wave, and the top will have 2 (since enemy caps are on both sides).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-13-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCarlin View Post
I assume that if you have captured a point that's between 2 enemy points, that yours will spawn minions on both sides.

If that's the case then no matter how many flags either team has captured, the number of minion waves will always be equal for both sides.

As for the max number of waves, I would assume it is 4. If you have both bottom caps and the top, each bottom will have one wave, and the top will have 2 (since enemy caps are on both sides).
This is correct.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-13-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalph View Post
I think you made a clerical error there, fixed it for you.
Promote stacking doesn't work in Dominion. You'll see why


12