Riot Games in Europe: Details and FAQ

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

Yay for a reduction of players with 500+ Ping

Also, congrats to you Riot and all EU players. I heard GOA was pretty terrible, and it's great that you guys are expanding so much.

Over all jubilations

Tecumseh

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxcriss View Post
Lol, this is a joke... nice job RIOT, thanks for nothing.

1. No account transfer - Do you seriously think I'm going to spend another 6 months and another 50$ on your game just so I get all the runes and heroes I have on my current account?

2. EU shop - Why would I want to pay 19% VAT buying stuff from the store on the EU version when I can get it without on the US version.

3. No restrictions to EU players playing on US - Considering what I said on #1, I'd say 90% of the people who made purchases from the riot store, will NOT want to start over on the EU version just for the sake of lower ping.

4. Open beta - Are you serious? Given all the 1-3 issues above, do you seriously think anyone at all will want to move to an open beta on EU?

So let's do an overview... you are offering... low ping (personally I would have around 30-40 with servers in Germany, which is great), and you expect people to trade off: many months of xp and ip, their entire "track record"/score, all the money they spent on the game, and a +20% (depends on EU country) VAT price increase on the store... ??? I have only one thing to say about this... LOL!
1. Nobody is forcing you to move to the European servers. You're more than welcome to play on the US servers if you so desire.

2. Prices are exactly the same on both side of the Atlantic.

3. I fail to see the problem here. European players can play wherever they want.

4. Beta is a phase during which we're making sure everything is working properly. We're NOT going back to square one.

The overview therefore is: play where you want and enjoy the game.

Tecumseh

GreyBubbleGum

05-13-2010

Quote:
1. Nobody is forcing you to move to the European servers. You're more than welcome to play on the US servers if you so desire.

2. Prices are exactly the same on both side of the Atlantic.

3. I fail to see the problem here. European players can play wherever they want.

4. Beta is a phase during which we're making sure everything is working properly. We're NOT going back to square one.

The overview therefore is: play where you want and enjoy the game.

Tecumseh
You tell em Tecumseh. I mean it his/her fault they didnt read all your information carefully
Congrats too u for leading EU manager too

Now back to killing ppl on the U.S. server

Mossmyr

05-13-2010

I'm a bit confused here...

- I live in Sweden and have friends in America I'd like to play with, is this possible without creating another account (which would suck cause I'd need to level up and all that again)?
- Will my account be moved from here (which I suppose is american site/server though I have no idea) to Europe, or is it gonna stay here and force me to create a new account?

Tecumseh

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossmyr View Post
I'm a bit confused here...
I have friends in America I'd like to play with, is this possible without creating another account (which would suck cause I'd need to level up and all that again)?
You'll need an account for each server. But you can still play in the US if all your friends are there

Tecumseh

Mossmyr

05-13-2010

Ah man, you're too fast. I edited with another question.

Chievo

05-13-2010

so i can choose to stay on the american servers? sweet!

Tecumseh

05-13-2010

Quote:
Ah man, you're too fast. I edited with another question.
Quote:
- Will my account be moved from here (which I suppose is american site/server though I have no idea) to Europe, or is it gonna stay here and force me to create a new account?
You're currently playing in the US. And nobody will force you to do anything, as explained in the FAQ

Tecumseh

Mindler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chievo View Post
so i can choose to stay on the american servers? sweet!
You can play wherever you'd like. The european servers are there so the people across the water can play in a lagless environment.

Mossmyr

05-13-2010

Oh yes, perhaps a bit harsh choice of words there.
This is very bad news for me. Either I stay with my friends in America server and experience lag, or I abandon them and experience no lag.
Man, no way to move accounts at the current moment? That sucks balls. If there were we could all just move to Europe...
Thanks for answering my questions though.

12345612 ... 23