In the first minute, how many groups will each team split into?

1 28 4.93%
2 216 38.03%
3+ 190 33.45%
you're an idiot and I'm a troll 134 23.59%
Voters: 568. You may not vote on this poll

strategy for the first minute of each match

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

calevenice

08-12-2011

In Twisted Treeline, (it at least used to be) a team fight would occur (or almost occur) in the bottom bush at the beginning of the match. Personally, I think the initial strategy that will dominate will be 2 champs go top capturing a point on the way, 2 champs attack the enemy cp, and 1 champ will either defend or go with one of the 2 groups. So what do you guys think?

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-12-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

We honestly aren't sure what the best split is. We have our own internal meta around this presently, but it's not clear if it's the best meta. It will be very interesting to see what happens. Curious to see the guesses here.

Khaizue

08-12-2011

Well depending on how the greater buff spawns, there could be a 1v1 fight to give a team boost and stopping the other person.

bl0b

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

one isnt a group though

meson8

08-12-2011

I'm betting on somewhere between 2-3. one group goes bot and 1-2 groups are top.

Radiums

08-12-2011

5 groups of 1

Archiplex

08-12-2011

I would think 4 groups,

numbers in each not sure, scratching my head on this but 1 top to capture first control, 1 bot, and 2 attacking the bottom opposite control point, while the last guy scouts up top trying to take the nuetral one.

Dance Dark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

I believe it will turn into 2 groups, with 3 people going immediately for the topmost point, and 1 each going for the first bottom and first top points. Then the 1 person at the first top could move down to bottom or could help at the topmost.

The thing is that the farther points in the enemy base are much less guaranteed of being taken. Also, if you do not contest the topmost point, you're pretty much giving it up to the other team. The other points are in the enemy team's favor and pretty much guaranteed to be in their control by the time you get there and could take too much time to move to. Sending 1 or 2 people to an enemy point is a gamble because you're fighting for a point that's already in their control (failure would bring no benefits, while failure over a neutral point could still maintain the point away from enemy control), because you're wasting manpower and possible point-taking in movement time, and because the other team has the tower and minion advantage.

It also depends on if your team is strong in small groups or in team fights or if they're strong early game or mid/late game. If your team is strong in small groups or early game, then it'd be better to have 2 people pressuring the top point to prevent its capture and the rest of your people invading and taking enemy points.

Confusion567

08-12-2011

I'm basing this 100% off of WoW's Arathi Basin (which is also 5 point capture and hold, though different in, like, every other way). I think it'll be 2 to top and the close bottom, 1 to the close mid. The close mid one just needs to grab the point, the other two will (at least soon) have fights on their hands.

(The arathi basin equivalent is 1 to Stables/Farm, half to Blacksmith, half to Lumber Mill (with a few to Mines just for kicks.)

S2Henry

Recruiter

08-12-2011

I would think that since there are only 2 sides to go to, and it is a 5 vs 5 mode, There would be 1 jungler / ganker and 2 on top / 2 bottom.

12345 ... 9