League of Legends Joins the MLG Pro Circuit

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

MLG is worthless and one of the driving forces behind negative gaming stereotypes. They do nothing for games as a medium except hold us back, it would be far batter if they actually supported gamer as a community.

Haddadios

08-12-2011

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
sooooo sooo epic upvote!

Jepster7

08-12-2011

What evidence do you have to base these claims on? 0.o

Brian218

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

The link doesn't work

Brian218

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3Reap3R View Post
Forgive me if I am not up to date, but who are Curse Gaming ? ^^
Curse gaming include:Pobelter, doublelift,SYDTKO and some other pros

Fulgetra

08-12-2011

I would just like to say this is awesome, great job Riot. Glad to see LoL getting even more good press. I have a lot of friends that are big into competitive gaming that really haven't given LoL a fair shot, hopefully this will help me get them into the game.

TipaKEE

08-12-2011

While i am very excited that MLG is adding LoL. I don't understand why they don't have an open pool like all other games where anyone can sign up and play. Myself and my 4 friends are going to Raleigh and we were considering playing if their was an open tourney. I know when SC2 launched and didn't have any seeded players, they just held a 64 person brackets for those who signed up. I know my team isn't considered the best at 1450 elo, but why not let us give MLG money to get curbstomped by one of the better teams? Why is this tourney limited to just 4 teams?

Edit: Explanation is on page 6, MLG is more so just test running LoL in Raleigh to get a better idea of LoL and how its played. Still wish they tested it using an open bracket since the rest of the season is far away from Raleigh and watching the same 4 teams over and over can wear on one.

Rinoa

eSports Coordinator

08-12-2011
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian218 View Post
The link doesn't work
Link was fixed, should work now!

Yezum

08-12-2011

Its funny everyone here is making fun of MLG, but YOU KNOW WHAT MLG IS! STFU NERDS!

Sarg338

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootrain View Post
While i am very excited that MLG is adding LoL. I don't understand why they don't have an open pool like all other games where anyone can sign up and play. Myself and my 4 friends are going to Raleigh and we were considering playing if their was an open tourney. I know when SC2 launched and didn't have any seeded players, they just held a 64 person brackets for those who signed up. I know my team isn't considered the best at 1450 elo, but why not let us give MLG money to get curbstomped by one of the better teams? Why is this tourney limited to just 4 teams?
Man, people in this community REALLY need to learn how to read.