Announcer sounds that aren't used

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vytaan

05-09-2010

When I opened the game's audio files (sorry if that's not allowed, I'm not sure actually :P) I noticed there are sounds such as: 'Your turret is under attack!' Same goes for inhibitors/Nexus. There are even sounds like 'Legendary kill!' which comes AFTER penta kill, although I have no idea how you can actually achieve this :P

Why aren't all of these sounds used? Some of them are awesome.

DuckofDoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2010

Lol for legendary kill maybe fighting at their fountain and somebody pulls out a revive and rushes you. That would be hilarious!!

Who knows maybe the game does use that sound but no one has ever been epic enough get 6 kills in 5 seconds or so.

Xpload

Adjudicator

05-10-2010

SR was supposed to be 6v6 but they decided to leave it 5v5 because the melees will be insane Also the game will have more maps so 6v6 is possible. And about the unused sounds - imagine if every time someone attacks your tower you hear that sound. The announcer will get so spammy. If you were here before you'll know "OWNED!" x10

Vytaan

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpload View Post
SR was supposed to be 6v6 but they decided to leave it 5v5 because the melees will be insane Also the game will have more maps so 6v6 is possible. And about the unused sounds - imagine if every time someone attacks your tower you hear that sound. The announcer will get so spammy. If you were here before you'll know "OWNED!" x10
Cool, I never knew I heard there was an old male announcer (who apparently was pretty annoying) and I'm really wondering what he sounded like. Because personally I think the female voice is too... meh. :P Although she does sound kinda excited when I listened to the quadra/penta kill sounds. We might hear those sounds more often now the multikill timer gets reset after a kill :O

Some sounds made me laugh btw, such as 'Your team has slain the epic monster!'

About other sounds... well, maybe if she only tells you like once in a while? That's how it works in HoN, but I guess that map awareness is also a part of the game so you kinda should be able to notice when your turret is being attacked.

There's also sounds like 'Not enough gold' though. Oh, and 'You are on a killing spree!' 'You are on a rampage!' 'You are legendary!' I wonder why those sounds aren't used when you're on a killing streak. Right now the regular 'Killing spree', 'Rampage' sounds are used. It would make sense if you heard those sounds when someone from your team was on a killing streak, but when you're doing great yourself, why aren't the other sounds being used instead?

Just being curious, sorry about all the questions I think audio can mean alot in a game, it really enhances the experience for me.

(I should make a youtube vid about the unused sounds, if that's allowed.)

sebbo123

05-10-2010

can someone tell me where those sounds can be found? would also like to give a feedback but i want to hear the sounds "clearly" without the sounds of battle

Truckasaurus

05-11-2010

I love love notices for nexus turret attacks:
"Your Nexsus Turrets are Being attacked!"
"Nexsus turret at 50% health!"
"Your Nexsus is under attack!"

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

05-12-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Sounds require more than just being hooked up in FMOD to play. There are many things that the audio team is prepared for, but simply has not received the tech to do. Over time we are hoping that more and more things are fully implemented. Thanks for the feedback.

@Vytaan: For the sake of our sanity, please do no post unused sounds for other people to hear. It would be greatly appreciated. =)

Vytaan

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Sounds require more than just being hooked up in FMOD to play. There are many things that the audio team is prepared for, but simply has not received the tech to do. Over time we are hoping that more and more things are fully implemented. Thanks for the feedback.

@Vytaan: For the sake of our sanity, please do no post unused sounds for other people to hear. It would be greatly appreciated. =)
Thanks for the reply Sorry about posting those sounds, I'll remove the link o: I can kinda understand that people would start spamming you with 'WHY ISN'T THIS INGAME' :P I really like the sounds and I wanted to prove that the announcer actually DOES sound kinda excited when you get a quadra/penta kill :P

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpload View Post
I remember way back in the day when SR was only 4v4... or maybe that was just for testing purposes.

Anyway, there have been 2 previous announcers. One was super bland and boring (but funny) and the next was a deep voiced monstrous sounding guy. I'm glad they went with what they have now. Although I'd love it if each side had a different announcer to give a more lore flavor.

Delinquent

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vytaan View Post
When I opened the game's audio files (sorry if that's not allowed, I'm not sure actually :P)
hey

how did u access those sounds?? i would like to remix them into some awesome music *_*