@Riot - Renekton the Ignored

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tsukou

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA1 View Post
The fact that someone can do well with a champ is not statistically relevant.

The fact is, other characters in his pool can do his job and do it better than him. This does not mean Renekton isn't viable, and I never said he wasn't, but it does mean there's an imbalance issue.

Are imbalance issues not worth mentioning?
It may not be statistically relevant, but it is relevant nonetheless. The game SHOULD be balanced top down, meaning you balance heroes at their maximum potential played by the best, against the best. Not by your average player.

Voyboy was honestly dominating games with him, and in turn, carrying games. If he got buffed, imagine how much stronger he would be. How could he be carrying if these other heroes outclass him?

NA1

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukou View Post
It may not be statistically relevant, but it is relevant nonetheless. The game SHOULD be balanced top down, meaning you balance heroes at their maximum potential played by the best, against the best. Not by your average player.

Voyboy was honestly dominating games with him, and in turn, carrying games. If he got buffed, imagine how much stronger he would be. How could he be carrying if these other heroes outclass him?
That depends. How well does Voyboy play Irelia or Jarvan? If he can do better with them than with Renekton, my point stands.

GORDO CREMA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Renekton vs morde,trynda or a lot more is just too weak.
Renekton is weak, still have a lot of personality, thats why some people use him.
Please give him a fix on the stun, range and leave or make better the heal of his Q ability.

Crayon Puppet

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heman2 View Post
There is no other approach available for this situation. They won't buff him into being viable any more. Jarvan was the new Renekton which will soon be Leona or Skarnar. It's like Master Yi. He isn't viable at all but they don't care and won't touch him. Why? Because he is 450 ip and everyone has him already. Just like what happened to Olaf, Nunu, Shen, etc. Riot is DONE with old champs. They want you to buy the new ones.
I give them more credit than that. These things take time for one, and yi is a border line hero slight buff would make him stupid OP and when a champion like yi is OP this game becomes unfun in a hurry. Look what happened to eve, she was UP for a long they buffed her slightly and she became the bane of peoples existence for months till they just had to pull out her stun and completely ruin her because she was so broken under so many scenarios, they didn't do it because they think it made eve balanced, they did it to maintain some semblance of balance till they can get around to a rework.

NA1

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buracan View Post
Renekton vs morde,trynda or a lot more is just too weak.
Renekton is weak, still have a lot of personality, thats why some people use him.
Please give him a fix on the stun, range and leave or make better the heal of his Q ability.
I'd prefer they just got rid of the heal and instead lowered the CD of his Q, W, and E.

A strong heal means lane sustainability, which Riot doesn't want.

Kogrek

08-10-2011

my poor crocodile

Audhulma

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphenstone View Post
Spark notes. Haven't read a novel for school in years.
Your teachers/professors must be lazy as ****, mine all made an effort to go through sparknotes and be sure to make 90% of our tests had things not covered in depth enough to pass with sparknotes. Hell, you couldn't even get a passing grade on a paper for a novel with just sparknotes, they made sure you read everything.

Primanocte

08-10-2011

Guinsoo posted this on his twitter feed a week before the patch:

"You'll probably be happy. Renekton's getting a significant buff next patch."

Then all we got was this in the patch note:
Renekton
Fixed a bug where Slice and Dice was only reducing the target's base armor rather than total armor

What happened?

Edit: Morello finally responded, basically a our bug fix was our big buff.

"Sounds like a miscommunication. Fixing that bug actually increased the power of a lot of armor shreds, Renekton's included.

It is a significant buff, but you guys likely expected a big change log of design stuff. Sp Guinsoo was correct, but I don't think that helped appropriately set expectations."

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post12707869

Morello

Lead Designer

08-10-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA1 View Post
You know Riot, maybe we got off on the wrong foot. I may have said some things that upset you, you may have... said absolutely nothing. Perhaps there's been a disagreement somewhere that got one of us angry, and I apologize for that.

I know people have been freaking out about the, admittedly, vague and not exactly 'official' statement about Renekton buffs. Specifically, the idea that the bug fix on empowered Dice was 'significant' really got some people angry, considering it's a move no one uses as empowered W and Q are better choices 95% of the time. But you know what? Let's forget about all that, I'm willing to move on if you are. Bygones.

What I'd like to ask about, is why have the hundreds of Renekton threads to come out lately all been ignored? It's pretty much accepted that Renekton is simply not as good as other people in his category, and now that Nasus got buffed, he's really getting lonely down there at the shallow end of the tanky dps/ad caster pool.

This may be because of a few things:

1) His fury generation is horrendous barring his ult, and can lead to accidental over-extension when trying to generate it.
2) His CDs are long considering how much he needs those moves.
3) Q's heal is abysmal (which I personally don't mind; i wouldn't mind if you removed the heal entirely).
4) His passive is atrocious and does pretty much nothing to help him in any usable sense.
5) Just all around bad ratio of survivability-to-dps.
6) His W is just as much a stun for HIM as for his target.

This is not to say that Renekton is horribly UP or anything. I can do well with him, and properly utilizing his superior mobility can win me fights against more powerful warriors. But whenever there's a Jarvan or Garen and Irelia or, especially now, Nasus, I know I'm either: not going to put out as much dps as them for the same survivability, or survive as long but do less damage.

If you, Riot, could please respond to this, or any of the other Renekton threads that have been pouring in lately, I'd greatly appreciate it. I get that there are other champs who need more love than Ren, but that doesn't mean the croc should be flat out ignored like this.
I think after the tanky DPS meta, we've been cautious on Tanky DPS balance, but I agree Renekton can probably use some love. I'll bring this up with live team for a future patch (not the next one, for a number of reasons )

romanlegacy

08-10-2011

What about Olaf Morello? How come never a slight bit of information with all the treads.

1234567 ... 11