A flaw in Dominion, perhaps?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vermilion Bird

08-09-2011

First of all, i must say i really enjoyed the annoucement of a new game mode for League of Legends, as such innovative additions indeed give a renewed feeling to the game, wether the players like it or not.

Anyway, while one might appreciate the news, as its in human nature to worry beforehand, i make my statement: given that the game base has been changed, how well will fare the champions balance now in the new mode? from my perspective, seeing the focus on one-to-one battles will be greater, i believe some champions shall do unavoidably better than others, maybe they will even be considered overpowered from the new mode's point of view.

Conclusively, how will the champion balancing be handled by the testers from then on? wouldn't that be considered a new challenge for Riot? as i see, it will be considerably harder to keep all the champions balanced for both modes.

ultimatesjk

08-09-2011

it's still balanced if a champ is bad at one type of gameplay and good at the other- it evens out. so if anyone's worried about that, just pick the champs that are good at Dominion, and for Classic, pick the champs that are better at Classic.

Vermilion Bird

08-09-2011

Maybe i was misinterpreted. What i meant is that some champions, as they are now, might present themselves way too powerful for Dominion mode, while the same champions would be considered balanced for the Classical one. In that way, if per chance they came to be modified, the balance could be broken in one of the sides.

Of course, i might be overthinking the things. Better wait for Dominion to be released in order to confirm anything.

Tetryon

08-09-2011

Dominion willsuffer the same issues as twisted treeline. Riot cannot and most liekly will not balance dominion mode at all but continue to balance champions based on SR.

Raider001

08-09-2011

Naturally there will be characters that will not be very good. My guess on this will be support characters. Main reason for my guess behind this is because the entire group will be splitting up and a lot of solo play will occur...

Twixiee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

idk, with all this gold going around support may actually be better off! especially considering how important sustain will be on this map ;o

i can just imagine a caitlyn and taric running around the map staying together the whole time, wrecking sh** up xD

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-10-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

We've done a lot of work on Dominion to make sure that all of the champions are fun to play both as and against in this game mode, and we've been able to accomplish a lot of this via adjusting the item shop and tweaking other features. Will Dominion have a different tier list than Summoner's Rift? Quite likely. However I'm not worried about balancing the two modes as you are. If anything Dominion should actually raise the bar of quality across the product, as a stronger eye will be given to making champions fun in both small skirmishes and larger team fights. This ultimately leads to better balanced champions as a whole and will improve the experience for everyone both in Classic and in Dominion.

Volverbot

08-10-2011

Brackhar.. I love you..

Just saiyin.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-10-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volverbot View Post
Brackhar.. I love you..

Just saiyin.
<3

Volverbot

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
<3
<3
Make more champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-vsynsE8RQ