No More Wards, but What About Teemo and Shaco?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Homebound Hobo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

If there are no more wards in Dominion, will Teemo and Shaco have sight with their shrooms and Jack in the Boxes?

Homebound Hobo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

Bump.

cowboysfan513

08-09-2011

i would assume so. its a key part of both of the kits, i cant see them getting rid of either of them. It's just an advantage they have for this map. Personally i think this kind of map is going to be really great for shaco and all other champs that move quick with a great escape

Strike00

08-09-2011

Teemo and shaco in this map will be really annoying with the shrooms and boxes flying everywhere. Its going to be an advantage in escape and damage ouput.

Twixiee

08-09-2011

im so 'xcited bout mah teemo in this map ^^

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-09-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

They will. We didn't nerf or buff any champions just for Dominion, and their ability to place sentries like that is definitely a strength they bring to the table. It does come at the cost of having a little less utility in a stand up fight on a point though, so it's an interesting trade off in my view.

JunSupport

08-09-2011

Them (and Nidalee) being able to place traps to track enemies is a strength that's part of the champion.

Why would that be removed? :P

evrynameistkn

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
They will. We didn't nerf or buff any champions just for Dominion, and their ability to place sentries like that is definitely a strength they bring to the table. It does come at the cost of having a little less utility in a stand up fight on a point though, so it's an interesting trade off in my view.
I disagree with teemo and nid giving up much anything for sentries.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-09-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrynameistkn View Post
I disagree with teemo and nid giving up much anything for sentries.
Well, as a corollary from SR, consider how effective Teemo's mushrooms are around towers. They're great in providing defensive buffers and cutting people off when they're escaping, but how useful are they when you've been tower dived or, conversely, are tower diving an opponent?

Traps are still great on the map, but they're just a flavor of play. I think we've done a fairly solid job balancing them against other considerations as a whole.

Ms Managed

08-09-2011

On a similar note (and forgive my impudence if this has already been answered by the great red overlords)
but will wriggles lantern continue to have its warding effect? Or will the item be replaced like banshees veil?