Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leviticus the OG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

This probably a stupid question. But it seems as if Dominion will just be added onto the "browser" section of the typical LoL interface. Does anyone think it'll pose any serious issues for the mac community?

Treegrass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

i dont really understand your question, so i'll answer what i think you're trying to ask, and then throw in some more thoughts about dominion/mac. i dont think there will be any problems with selecting dominion in pvp.net. when they revamped the game joining thing and added co-op v. ai, it caused no problems on mac. however, i think that the map and/or game mode could definitely have a few mac bugs due to all the new code that was written for windowns, and that riot will just fix them over time when we post them in here.

YSfighter

08-08-2011

Yeah in my opinion Dominion will have just about as many bugs as TT did when it first came out ( ok maybe a few more ) but we shouldn't have too many bugs hit us just because of Dominion.

I'm more concerned for Shiny. Shiny might give us lots of bugs.

Treegrass

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSfighter View Post
Yeah in my opinion Dominion will have just about as many bugs as TT did when it first came out ( ok maybe a few more ) but we shouldn't have too many bugs hit us just because of Dominion.

I'm more concerned for Shiny. Shiny might give us lots of bugs.
i wasnt around when tt came out, so just to be prepared for dominion, what were some of the bugs in tt?

shiny will almost definitely cause some problems for macs, but from what i've heard, the former visual settings (the ones we use now) will still be available

sciyth

08-08-2011

Shiny will **** over our fps

Morgana Only

08-09-2011

I Have my Settings on LoL as Low Quality cause The high Quality Effects completely Crashed my mac -.- so I don't think a visuals would be too much of a problem... but then again I have a 4 year old mac

riggsE

08-09-2011

Dominion will be playable on Mac. It'll be a setting just like how you can choose between AI/Ranked/3s/5s matches.

sciyth

08-09-2011

I think that when dominion comes out we as a community should all try to get on and do a game to look for bugs. All Mac on both teams preferably.

Flying Toilet

08-09-2011

It is wholly up to the Cider VM to handle the translation of Windows "features" into Mac capable elements. As long as the TransGaming Cider engine is written properly (and TransGaming are pros) everything in Dominion (and Shiny) should translate over well inside the VM. And now we have an updated Cider VM to run in! This gives me great hope all the new modes and updates will work in our Mac port. The new Cider port is spectacular.

puremojo

08-09-2011

what is Shiny?