Launcher has experienced an error. Please restart this application

12345612 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bullishil

05-11-2010

having the same issue, what's worse is I can't even uninstall it, when i try to windows throws and error saying "please make sure you have completed any previous setup and closed all other programs." So I can't even reinstall the game, I'm at a total loss, and I had no modified skins or anything

edit:
Patcher_lib file added

Cptdeathlok

05-11-2010

nope no mod skins normal game

Cptdeathlok

05-11-2010

So any help???? Want to play.....spent way to much on this game to not be able to play.

Swiftycents

05-11-2010

See quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftycents View Post
Remove all custom skins and/or any modifications to the recommended item list(s).
If you're using the "Recommend change" program, start it and click the "RESET ALL FILES TO ORIGINAL(Patch coming)" button. That should solve all your problems.

TheySeeMeRollin

05-11-2010

see quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptdeathlok View Post
nope no mod skins normal game
.____.

Ninjutsu

05-11-2010

same issue never modified a thing. any fix?

Swiftycents

05-11-2010

If there are no custom stuff applied to the game that can be removed and if you're looking for a fix that works but takes a bit of time then just simply reinstall the game. Imo something (or someone) DID modify some files in your game folder.

P.S. Just for my info: are you guys running windows 7?

Matricus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullishil View Post
having the same issue, what's worse is I can't even uninstall it, when i try to windows throws and error saying "please make sure you have completed any previous setup and closed all other programs." So I can't even reinstall the game, I'm at a total loss, and I had no modified skins or anything

edit:
Patcher_lib file added
Download the attached archive, extract it, and copy the lolclient.exe to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Air\

Try again.

@other
Post your full patcher_lib.log or here's no help for ya.

Bullishil

05-11-2010

I am running windows 7, I found a work-around kind of fix for it that worked for me, in another thread a Riot employee told someone with the same problem we're having that their lolclient had been changed based on his log, so I thought it might be my problem too, the answer being to get a new, clean LolClient. If you try this make absolutely sure you copy the old one or just move it somewhere else in case you have to undo it, but what I did was moved it to a temp folder on my desktop, downloaded the stand-alone patch for the 4/27/10 patch and just copied the LolClient from the standalone patch to where the old one used to be (in the air folder). This actually fixed the problem for me, use at your own risk

LOL@post above mine, if figured it out but thanks, glad to know i was thinking the right thing

Dex USAF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2010

having the same issue and none of those fixes seem to work, still crashes @ 6%.

sooo....

12345612 ... 18