Almost a year of Mac beta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

08-07-2011

update adobe air.

(runtime :P)

sciyth

08-07-2011

Now would be a great time to post that boompje comic

Ediwir

Wrenchman

08-07-2011

boompje is such a troll :P

iamriddik

08-08-2011

Opening the beta wouldn't really add to the server strain since you can still get the mac client via torrent, or run the windows client through bootcamp.your still on the same servers and the majority of people who want to play lol on mac already do.

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamriddik View Post
Opening the beta wouldn't really add to the server strain since you can still get the mac client via torrent, or run the windows client through bootcamp.your still on the same servers and the majority of people who want to play lol on mac already do.
I think he means the Pvp.net strain, not the download link server strain. Also your last statement is completely false. I expect the Mac fanbase of LoL to at least quadruple once an official client comes out

sciyth

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSfighter View Post
I think he means the Pvp.net strain, not the download link server strain. Also your last statement is completely false. I expect the Mac fanbase of LoL to at least quadruple once an official client comes out
I agree. many Mac gamers probably don't know about LoL or the beta. also the "welcome to Mac beta" threads continued growth suggest that Mac players are still looking to get in and there have been quite a few threads from people that have gone from PC to Mac and are looking for a way in.

dishogun

08-08-2011

The more players we get into the mac client, the harder it will be for riot to ignore us, that is why they took the links down and kept it closed. If they have a large enough base of mac clients they will not be able to ignore us anymore and will have to resolve the beta client and they are not ready for that. In the meantime we must still continue to grow and become a larger force in the community. That way once they are ready we will be too.

Flying Toilet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

I've put over 800 game on the Mac BETA client since it was first leaked and about 50 more on Windows. I just installed the new/updated Cider wrapper for the Mac client and I have to admit the it's never been a better time to play League of Legends on the Mac. It's as good or better than running it on Win7. Happy Birthday Mac Client, you're a very mature and stable "one"!

Morgana Only

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediwir View Post
slow load, yes. i improved that.
random crashed, i fixed that.
veigar, i fixed that.

we can fix issues, remember that.

tehee. server is the same for win and mac. totally wrong answer.
client isn't public 'cause they abandoned the project for now. easy. look towards the fanbase if you need something.

Well that's a bummer -.- anyways how did you fix the viegar? ....

sciyth

08-09-2011

Velkor came up with a fix using RAF tools (made by him).