New Free Champions (Week 25)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dessim8

05-10-2010

When will week 26 be shown as well? Isn't it usually that way?

krashr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-10-2010

MAYBE, just maybe season one is starting next week.

1. only one weeks of free champs showing
2. this is the 25th week (preliminary) and season 1 can be the next 25 weeks or whatever

Gdmit

05-10-2010

haveing all the champs.... looking at this list.. all these take skill to play.. by god ill get all the ones who have no skill

JunKx

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenel View Post
Hey moron, read the Test Realm notes, it's fixed for the next release already. 65 hot fixes a week are inferior to one update that encompasses multiple problems every 1-2 weeks.

Balance issues have never been an issue with the free champion week rotation, or else Jax wouldn't have been out a couple weeks back (before his fixes).
oh i do apologize i do not read every single thread/post/everything about LoL. good to hear its getting fixed since i've had many people tell me it isn't bugged (dunno how you can say that with a straight face). but its still ridiculous to make him free right now with that bug, since its pretty gamebreaking

Tpyo

05-10-2010

no more free ez ;-( I would buy him but I would imagine his 30% healing reduction is the first of many nerfs.

LordMcHash

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTaco45 View Post
****, zIlean.... D:
Zilean is a little *****. He is like the only mage I have absolutely no fear of at all... and I own that guy all the... (wait for it...) TIME!

RiotChris

Director of Publishing

05-10-2010
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Why did we rotate so quickly this week?

Well we noticed that a lot of you make solo practice games when we rotate the Champions. We basically have the same number of people on, but more games in progress, which takes up more server capacity. We also noticed the same thing happening when we release a new Champion (like Akali). We're trying out something new where we rotate the Champions before the patch comes out in the hopes that you guys will play your 1-person practice games with rotated Champions then, freeing up the space for the other practice games once we release a new Champion.

This week should be normal length.

Also we're a little behind on choosing next week's Champion, but the plus side is I'm reading your suggestions in real-time (did someone ask for Mordekaiser?)

- RiotChris

MoeBeam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
Why did we rotate so quickly this week?

Well we noticed that a lot of you make solo practice games when we rotate the Champions. We basically have the same number of people on, but more games in progress, which takes up more server capacity. We also noticed the same thing happening when we release a new Champion (like Akali). We're trying out something new where we rotate the Champions before the patch comes out in the hopes that you guys will play your 1-person practice games with rotated Champions then, freeing up the space for the other practice games once we release a new Champion.

This week should be normal length.

Also we're a little behind on choosing next week's Champion, but the plus side is I'm reading your suggestions in real-time (did someone ask for Mordekaiser?)

- RiotChris
Heyhey, Yi and Amumu should be free for testing since their patch came out!

MrRamen

05-10-2010

y does there have to be free summoners..?
y can't we stick to 1 selection

Suicidal Warrior

05-10-2010

What about next week. I would like to try Udyr again hope he is free agian soon.