Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorayai

08-06-2011

Ezreal, buff Ezreal so I can pick him again =(

everyone gets mad whenever someone tries to pick Ezreal in ranked! (and normal sometimes lol)

Shrikil7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

So thaaaat's (Dominion) why you've been so busy lately. All is forgiven my friend.

Ezreal

Pre Production Champion Designer

08-07-2011
140 of 320 Riot Posts

Replies to pages 311-315. Sorry that I skipped so many this time, I'm trying to catch up and can't answer 20 pages of replies w/o taking all day =-P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtomkenobi View Post
Why not add some kind of delay to it? With this delay, however, Flash shouldn't be vulnerable to interruptions. Imagine it has a 1sec delay: if someone stuns/slows/whatevers the user, the effect is carried to when he's finished "porting". Damage dealt should be immediate, though, so people can die while using it, but not be interrupted (is this possible?).

PS: Lovin' what you're doing in this post
A delay opens up for the opportunity to completely lose your summoner spell cast. It also would reduce the responsiveness of the ability, making it feel subpar. As for the interruption example you brought up, it encounters problems with player expectation. Normally an interrupt would stop the ability entirely, as such, the effect would feel buggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Why not split Ignite into two spells? One a healing reduction, and one a dot?
=-D, you saying that makes me happy...

I'll say this much, Ignite is getting a change that I have been waiting for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlemane View Post
Uhu! Ezreal answered my post! First of all: thanks a lot man, for all your effort coming here every week or so to answer the community and stuff. I believe we all know how tiresome this must be but we really do value your work and effort. =)

I see. Well since you wasn't reviewing kits anymore I just posted the core idea of what I had in mind: a manaless support champion... could you hear just a couple of ideas please? ^^"

1) a passive that increases healing effects just like Spirit Visage by X% (or an increasing ammount each couple levels, like X/Y/Z%) ;

2) An AOE damage like Cassiopeia's Miasma that can be toggled on/off while on range. While active it would deal X damage each second to all enemies inside and when toggled off would heal you for Y% of the total damage dealt during its duration (it would be toggled off without effect if the caster gets out of range).

This plus the other skill I suggested could make for a health-based manaless support champion that relies on sacrifycing part of his own health to save others, while also depending on spellvamp and spirit visage to compensate during the fights. What do you think?
Thanks for trimming the abilities down, it makes it a ton easier for me to review =-D.
1) Unfortunately that would be bad for the health of our game. We have encountered 'healing metas' a number of times in the lifespan of our game. This becomes even more problematic when you stack said healing (which becomes more advantageous when a single champion buffs healing across the board).
2) A twin purpose spell like that could work, but why not simplify it and make it a zone that heals allies and damages enemies all the time?
3) I believe there is a *** champion that does that, I think he's called the Martyr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovefrodo69 View Post
1. Ezreal why did your design team take nidalee being able to find wards with bushwack
2. should i get a name change

Thanks for looking at my question I love your champs you make
1) Ward sweeping was power that we didn't intend to place on her kit, it also didn't match the ability.
2) Haha, that one is up to you. To be honest, my first aim screen name had that modifier when I was a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridania View Post
Hi Ezreal,

Would it be at all possible for the final statistics of a game to show wards bought? Currently they show stats like buildings destroyed, which are nine times out of ten team efforts rather than the actions of individual players. Similarly, a team would be able to see who wasn't doing their share of warding - which in higher elo's is extremely important as you probably know.

Thanks heaps!
We've discussed this a few times in design meetings. I would personally love to add this statistic as ward dropping is a positive effect in the game, and as such we should promote it for players. I'll bring it up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salce View Post
hey ezreal i just got a penta with ezreal. Thanks ezreal. But really i'd like to thank ezreal before i thank real ezreal. Because without ezreal i wouldnt have been able to do it. Again though thanks ezreal
I see what you did there, and raise you a this: http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/y...ike-yo-yos.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzGhoul View Post
Can you secretly sneak an AP scaling into Kennen's W Passive next patch? Pleaasee o_o
Hmm, I think Kennen is just about to get a buff to one or two of his AP ratios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerDrool View Post
Figured I'd ask some quick questions

Have you tried any of the very recent Kayle remakes in internal testing? If so can you give your impression? Not asking for details. Just want to know if you like the way it's going.

On Ryze. Ryze is fairly one dimensional. It may be an interesting dimension but there is very little mana implementation for him to take advantage of. Further some of the best ways to sustain your mana supply right now are Tear, Philo stone, and Blue buff. Wondering if we will see more mana items in general.

Last question. Is Poppy on the radar for anything?
1) Only a bit, so I'm going to pass on this one.
2) We don't have any new mana items on the plate to come out soon, well, perhaps in Dominion =-D.
3) Yes, we are starting to become worried about Poppy's power level as she generally one shots people when fed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metryn View Post
I have never posted in an @Insert Name thread...so why not now?

Here's a question:

Can we ever expect to see some more dynamic skill usage or would it "break the game" too much?

By this I mean like Pudge's Hook (DOTA) He could grab an enemy, but he could also save an ally.

Or possibly combinations between champions? Like: Jarvan Ult + Katarina Shunpo + Ult.

Something like a skill that can be skillshot targeted and another champion use a skill to combine it. A cool example would be attaching Zilean's bomb to Orianna's Orb and Orianna's W would set off the bomb AND her skill.
Yea, we will definitely make more dynamic skills over time, though only when they fit into the game. However, there are a number of dynamic abilities which cause negative gameplay such as Pudge's Hook. To fill in players who do not know what that is, Pudge's hook basically work like Blitzcrank's Grab, except it can hit and pull in allies. This allows for a number of really cool moments such as saving your allies from being killed. However, it also adds in a number of really terrible moments, like: missing a skill shot because your ally blocked it, pulling your ally from being able to kill a champion, or worst yet you can pull your ally when you are being ganked and have him die with you.

As for combinations, those will happen naturally as we create more and more new champions. Though forced combinations are generally too hidden, and can sometimes reduce the power level of an ability because of it's potential when comboed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsilon View Post
You said a Female Boar champion was coming like months ago...any update?
She's still on the plate, though we pushed her back a fair amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbeefcake View Post
Ezreal, Shaco is the only real Champ that is very good at playing mind games. I was wondering if we could get more champs that could play more mindgames?
Well, I believe Leblanc and Wukong both allow for a fair amount of mind games. Can you give me some ability examples that you would like to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousKilljoy View Post
Have you ever thought about adding a notification in the chat box for when dragon is slain? Similar to when people get kills/kill streaks?
Unfortunately that would give away too much information, and make killing the dragon much more dangerous for no real gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnwenhau View Post
Will there be any changes or buffs to Morgana?
BUFFS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrei View Post
Ezreal i just had a kind of crazy idea for flash just now what if using flash while in melee range of an enemy brought them with you? I thought of this when a yi chased me through flash with alpha strike.
Also what do u think of a support ability that works like a cast able cleanse?
Well thats all I was wondering about so thanks for putting the time to communicate with the community so much.
Woah, that has some crazy ramifications. You could flash a melee champion into one of your own turrets. Though I do believe that could work as a champion ability.

We have tried targetable cleanse in the past and it has never felt good, though we may try again in the future.

PNDM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

Whats your opinion on LeBlanc? Do you really think she fits the description of 'The Deceiver"? I personally feel her passive is lacking and it really doesn't help 'deceive' people.

ColdSnapQQ

08-07-2011

When are you adding multiply same champions in practice and more practice games opinions like No CD / Mana cost!?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post12491842

HunterHagen

08-07-2011

Any comments on your accomplishment with the team on Dominion?

Prince Kassad

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
Well, I believe Leblanc and Wukong both allow for a fair amount of mind games. Can you give me some ability examples that you would like to see?
Ezrael, you responded to a post about more champions playing mind games. I have lots of ideas for mind-game abilities that wouldn't be anti-fun.
I think Leblanc, the Deceiver, could use a little more trickery in her kit...

What if Sigil of Silence put a false mark on a nearby enemy champion? She and her allies would be able to see the true mark, but to her enemies the two marks would look the same. This would create more confusion/fear in her enemies without making her OP. I don't think it would make playing against her feel cheap, but it would make her be able to threaten multiple champions into moving defensively. (so... better in teamfights!)

Thanks for reading!

Confusion567

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
Unfortunately that would give away too much information, and make killing the dragon much more dangerous for no real gain.
Would it be possible to give that notification just to your team? In particular, there are sometimes huge fights on Dragon, and I can't always tell which team ended up getting in the last hit (in a teamfight, I'm not watching my gold, and if I get a kill and two assists in the same ten seconds that dragon dies, I don't know whether that was 390 gold or 200 gold + dragon). Maybe a "Your enemies have slain the dragon" if and only if you have vision of it while it dies, but that seems too complicated and kind of unnecessary.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

08-07-2011

Ezreal mah boi,

I heard you worked on Dominion.When it is finished,will you go back to champ design and finish Tempus and your other champs?

oh btw

HIGH FIVE!!!

Cacophobic

08-07-2011

How about instead of talking to Ezreal, we buff Ezreal.

Profit?