So... it went from Magma Chamber to Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1BadNoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

I know everyone in the League is excited for the new map and the new game type thats coming to the league. But I was wondering whatever happened to Magma Chamber?

I've been hearing rumors that Riot has cancelled this project or is saving the map release to the upcoming sequel of the original series of DotA, DotA2.

Anyone have any idea whats happening.

BowTie

08-06-2011

My theory is that, currently, LoL is all about super-defensive, conservative "poking" style play and completely surrounded in "omg KDA."

Dominion changes it up and brings incentive to focus on things other than inflating the KDA ego.

It challenges players to change the way they play, or lose, and turns tables on who is the best for what.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

It sounds like they're not as happy with the idea of magma chamber anymore, but it's in the lore and they've done some work on it so it's possible they're not scrapping it...

Raventook

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTie View Post
My theory is that, currently, LoL is all about super-defensive, conservative "poking" style play and completely surrounded in "omg KDA."

Dominion changes it up and brings incentive to focus on things other than inflating the KDA ego.

It challenges players to change the way they play, or lose, and turns tables on who is the best for what.

That's the most interesting perspectives of LoL that I've ever read. Maybe we can see an increased focus on teamwork, strategy and such. Wish it would get rid of the ragers and poor sportsmanship though that we are inudated with in this game.

XxURxBURNTxX

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
It sounds like they're not as happy with the idea of magma chamber anymore, but it's in the lore and they've done some work on it so it's possible they're not scrapping it...
Reds have stated that they did not want to release more of the same playstyle. with dominion they are going for a different way to play. its not crazy to believe that they will eventually release magma chamber... but who knows when..