Dominion - Game Modes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG NecrisGuard

08-06-2011

Is it possible that the new map will have different game modes?

Capturing these *tower nodes* will lead to really fast games (20-30mins max)

However alot of players enjoy the long tactical aspects of the genre, the working with the team towards achieving an objective, pitting battle strategies against the other team etc

Will there be game modes that allow for longer games? (Slower individual decay on nexus per tower node, but holding all 5 has an exponential increase)

What if instead of damaging the nexus these nodes produce super minions? (leading to fierce armies of super minions for the dominating team, making all the more important to capture the center node)

What if you can only damage the enemy nexus while holding all 5 nodes, and the only way to capture nodes back is to kill at least 3 of the enemy team?

The code necessary would take time, but it would cater to those wanting more strategic play, but in the same environment.

Looks great so far however GJ!

Morello

Lead Designer

08-06-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

No, Dominion's game mode is capture and hold, and The Crystal Scar is the map on Dominion.

Summoner's Rift does a good job providing long games with a lot of high and low points. When making new modes, we'd prefer to offer drastically new experiences as opposed to nuanced differences.

King Ron Jeremy

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, Dominion's game mode is capture and hold, and The Crystal Scar is the map on Dominion.

Summoner's Rift does a good job providing long games with a lot of high and low points. When making new modes, we'd prefer to offer drastically new experiences as opposed to nuanced differences.
take a nap Morello you work to hard

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

I wonder, could you include a way, in custom games, to set the starting Nexus health? just to allow those who want to play 5 minute games to set for 50 health and those who want longer, more drawn out games to set it to 1000 health.

just a thought...

GG NecrisGuard

08-06-2011

Custom settings thats where awesome things would happen.

As developers you have a set way on how you think it will play out, as gamers we will exploit and abuse everything ^_^ its the gamers way, we just want customizability, being able to change dynamics like nexus start health etc would be an awesome feature for custom games, spawning even more lanfest/tourney opportunities.

PerfectBeast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

Lucky Test Realms guys, I wish i could join that test realms, i mean.... idont have friends. who can I leach my info on the Test Realms.. I just want to me special and needed Please morello, Pimp my Game with test realm.... .... .. you would make my birthday special.