Add a third team to Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

apuuu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-06-2011

Mini Domini: 3v3v3?

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

Dude, Amumu would be breaking the game with his Curse of the Sad Mummy ultimate.

Fiddlesticks would scare of FUDGE out of everyone. Everyone would wet themselves...

If it's blind pick, imagine 3 teams with WuKongs, Garens, and Fiddlesticks... BEYBLADES!!

Ashe would never be able to land a long-range arrow.
Everytime she fired, it would hit someone else, and she'd be all: Where'd my arrow go...? (1 sec later from a non-target: **** you, Ashe)

Ashaira

Adjudicator

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
There's a lot of the UI that's build around the fact that there are two teams in the game as opposed to three, but discounting the tech cost of actually doing this the idea sounds fun.
if i can reprogram a UI from 2 to 4 teams in 3 days u can do it too. now get to work or were revoking ur gentlemens club card

Amythist

08-06-2011

problem with the idea is that in most cases a 1v1v1 typically turns into a 1+1v1, meaning 1 team will be eliminated early on because they will be getting focused by both teams, which means that you will have 1 team stuck watching for most of the match while the other team's duke it out for the win

of course with the way dominion is set up, capturing points damages the enemy nexus, that could be worked around by having the captured points damaging both enemy teams nexus, so that way 2 teams working together will eventually lead to 1 being screwed from their nexus taking too much damage while they eliminate the other team, then to speed out the finish of the game once 1 team is eliminated the control points deal twice as much damage to the enemy nexus

Kiddalee

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrayged View Post
Chaos is fun.

Extra chaos is extra-fun.

Demacia also needs to be nuked.

Yes, multi-team games must be tossed onto that huge "to-do" list over at Riot! xD
This.

Comat0seRoses

08-06-2011

Tbh I was really hoping for a war map of 5v5v5v5 or 10v10 Yes it would be impossible to figure out but cmon now..... that would just be amazing!

randmtsk

08-06-2011

This statement might sound contradictory but I don't feel it is....I'd rather have something fun than balanced.

I would rather have a big cluster **** of a battle with more random variables which is more likely with 3 teams than have a very balanced experience with 2 teams.

Keep SR as your classic "balanced" map and make another one that is just insane!

DAOC > WAR....show some balls!!

Morello

Lead Designer

08-06-2011
3 of 3 Riot Posts

I think this would make the game really uncompetitive. 1v1v1 games become more about social engineering and opportunistic backstabbing that solid teamwork and skilled PvP play.

Akai Tsuki

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
Garen wont let that happen

A third team could add all kinds of fun stuff because you may have 2 teams trying to focus the team in the lead and turn on each other and just make it all the more chaotic.

But I do agree 5v5 on its own can get pretty intense already
This is exactly why 3 teams is a bad idea: double teaming on the team that does well means doing well will get punished.. and it could lead to more discrimination especially in EU. I can see it happen already: "Hey, team yellow is <insert nationality>, let's defeat them first!". The idea itself is good, but I don't see it working.

edit: ninja'd by NMST

Exony

08-06-2011

10v1 gank
holy mother of ****