Riot what is your goal with Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS17f8587dd251c04bf0cdb

08-06-2011

I'd like to ask you some question, if you don't mind. I don't want to be rude or anything, and i'm truly sorry if you think i'm not polite enough but i'm not very good with formal english... (and maybe with english at all! )

But let's cut to the chase...

Would you like the mode to be the new standard? Or do you think it will be an arcade mode to relax with after some stressful ranked games?

Do you think personal skill with your champ will matter or it's the tactical plan more important? (because without a laning phase, you can't really outlevel and outfarm anyone)

I asked you these questions because i'm really passionate about the Dominion, but i fear it will be only for casual play like wow battlegrounds, while SR will remain the "arenas"... I like the feel i get from ranked play, i like to try my best when the match matters, but if the Dominion isn't built keeping in mind the competitive scene i just can give up my hopes.

I know i'm not part of the competitive scene, but i like the feel i have when I rank and while is entirely right to create an arcade and fun game mode, my expectations are higher than that... in particular knowing that Dota2 is around the corner.

I really hope i could have some answer from you. And btw, you are doing great, despite the many critiques you receive every day. Keep up the good work, and i will continue to support you. ; )

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

Personally I think tactical planning will be far more important.

I think the main problem in dominion will be the ego players who think it's up to them to win the game, so they run around solo trying to cap and end up feeding and blaming their team.

I think dominion will require a lot of work to hold the points but not get spread out.

HeroXsouL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-06-2011

Good Words.. At heart

IS17f8587dd251c04bf0cdb

08-06-2011

:'l please Riot read me :'l

smunk

08-06-2011

I'm pretty sure the goal is to have something DotA 2 doesn't have.

hawkraider

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smunk View Post
would not have down voted this if you spammed it

IS17f8587dd251c04bf0cdb

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smunk View Post
Yeah obviously, but that wasn't the real question...

Morello

Lead Designer

08-06-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobisiah View Post
I'd like to ask you some question, if you don't mind. I don't want to be rude or anything, and i'm truly sorry if you think i'm not polite enough but i'm not very good with formal english... (and maybe with english at all! )

But let's cut to the chase...

Would you like the mode to be the new standard? Or do you think it will be an arcade mode to relax with after some stressful ranked games?

Do you think personal skill with your champ will matter or it's the tactical plan more important? (because without a laning phase, you can't really outlevel and outfarm anyone)

I asked you these questions because i'm really passionate about the Dominion, but i fear it will be only for casual play like wow battlegrounds, while SR will remain the "arenas"... I like the feel i get from ranked play, i like to try my best when the match matters, but if the Dominion isn't built keeping in mind the competitive scene i just can give up my hopes.

I know i'm not part of the competitive scene, but i like the feel i have when I rank and while is entirely right to create an arcade and fun game mode, my expectations are higher than that... in particular knowing that Dota2 is around the corner.

I really hope i could have some answer from you. And btw, you are doing great, despite the many critiques you receive every day. Keep up the good work, and i will continue to support you. ; )
I guess I don't understand why Capture and Hold is considered casual. Battlefield 2 had a pretty strong 8v8 game community and was competitive Capture and Hold, just to name one example. Personally, I think this game mode has some of the largest potential for the goal I believe all games should have - easy to understand at a basic level, with a lot of room for mastery.

AngerAlone

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I guess I don't understand why Capture and Hold is considered casual. Battlefield 2 had a pretty strong 8v8 game community and was competitive Capture and Hold, just to name one example. Personally, I think this game mode has some of the largest potential for the goal I believe all games should have - easy to understand at a basic level, with a lot of room for mastery.
While I agree with you, I'm also hesitant knowing that there is no ranked play for this. Do you guys intend to implement ranked play for Dominion in the future?

Frogboybri2

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Oh good, so when can we expect the Deathmatch mode? I would love to start at 18 with a full build and just have a best of five teamfights mode.