To Riot: Give yourself a solid deadline on finishing Dominion mode

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D2v0n

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
We learned our lesson from those other things we announced too early. We DO have a deadline, but we're not saying what it is because it's a lose-lose for us if we hit it or miss it.
Yes please give your self lots of time on the Dominion. I know how it is to make something in code and watch the whole game mechanics fall apart like a blowing over a card house and balance.

I suggest(Probly should'nt)

1: When you beta's test the field. Try lots of combo of heroes(this way you know what hero's capabiltys)
2: Try to break it(purposely find expliots)
3: be ready to patch because for some strange reasons. real players will find the bugs alot faster then beta testers(I have no idea why... But it just seems like players trying to kill eachother find the bugs.)

Xin Kaishek

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
Because if there is one bug or imbalance people will be like "WTF RIOT WHY DIDNT YOU DELAY THE RELEASE TO BALANCE" or "riot if you can make your deadline why can't you make deadline on other projects."
Spot on.

Xin Kaishek

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2v0n View Post
Yes please give your self lots of time on the Dominion. I know how it is to make something in code and watch the whole game mechanics fall apart like a blowing over a card house and balance.

I suggest(Probly should'nt)

1: When you beta's test the field. Try lots of combo of heroes(this way you know what hero's capabiltys)
2: Try to break it(purposely find expliots)
3: be ready to patch because for some strange reasons. real players will find the bugs alot faster then beta testers(I have no idea why... But it just seems like players trying to kill eachother find the bugs.)
You think Riot is unfamiliar with the basic concepts of game testing or something? lol

Ions03

08-05-2011

ya i do xin.... Whats a deadline hmmm whats a deadline DoTa2 1 million ****ing dollar Blow out roll out the red and green $$$$ carpet cause here it comes.... Its if riot flops on this the game dies its that simple. DoTa2 is inc and they better have something good because you know valve will....

It could be cause::

Riot flops
DoTa2 is amazing

Riot / S2 die

Riot sells to blizzard

League of legends + blizzard = has a fight with valve

RUSH RUSH RUSH!