My Feelings about Dominion as a Mode

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS160e0d9b9b351fe75e2ad

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0J0E View Post
It's still a 5v5 game mode, so that's more like Summoner's Rift than Twisted Treeline.
So basically,

It's a 5 v 5 Twisted Treeline?

See what I did there.

IS1070256987428e

Producer

08-04-2011
1 of 9 Riot Posts

AxeC,

All we ask is that you play Dominion before forming an opinion about it. Dominion is radically different from Twisted Treeline, and is incredibly fun to play. If you disagree after playing it, I'll be the first guy in line to hear why, I assure you

Kresterz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstryker78 View Post
AxeC,

All we ask is that you play Dominion before forming an opinion about it. Dominion is radically different from Twisted Treeline, and is incredibly fun to play. If you disagree after playing it, I'll be the first guy in line to hear why, I assure you
poking at things you don't yet know about...

TSK TSK

IS160e0d9b9b351fe75e2ad

08-04-2011

Quote:
AxeC,

Thanks for the response. I do intend to play it, and I'm not going to write it off before it's out, as that would just be foolish. I don't think it will be bad, I can just quite clearly see it's not really for me, or many others like me (more serious, higher elo players).

I do however stand by my point that a release of a Magma Chamber type map would have been better. This would have catered to everyone, but instead a choice has been taken to cater for some, and not others. It is a little frustrating, as I pretty much know for certain I am still going to be playing pretty much only Summoner's Rift after the release.

The fact that it was, I feel not very wisely, described as 'almost an entirely different game', is not a selling point to me. It's a putting off point. However, I do accept I am likely in the minority, which in an industry like this, makes my opinion near redundant.

Thanks anyway.

mackhands

08-04-2011

Quote:
AxeC,

Then why was the community given a Dominion sub-forum before we were given the Dominion game mode?

What do you want us to discuss in here if not Dominion?

stormlifter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-04-2011

Quote:
AxeC,

Be prepared for people to hate it, but make sure you talk to me. I'm less bias. LoL no but really I'm excited to see how the new mode plays. I'll be at PAX Prime

Dopplemiester

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeC View Post
So basically,

It's a 5 v 5 Twisted Treeline?

See what I did there.
TT is a 3v3 of SR so a 5v5 TT is what you play normally

Capture Poin game modes like Dominion usually have a very diffrent result in what the "best" weapon, character, ect ecgt are. example janna has the ability to push all enemies away from her so if she is at the cneter of a capture point and uses her ult she has stopped the capture attempted

DragonEpico

08-04-2011

I do beleive too that tanky dps will be the center of the common strategy on Dominion, but i would find it very rare that the hole game resolves around them.

for example, i would find vital (hipothetically) to have 2 ranged harrasers that hit and run, and defensive supports for defending.

I love it. It will bring hole new strategies and heroes that are considered useless in SR maybe are worth here.

RaptorJetpack

08-04-2011

I know im not looking forward to another 2 years of summoners Rift

Prodig33

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorJetpack View Post
I know im not looking forward to another 2 years of summoners Rift
I don't know if you heard, but Riot is going to be releasing a new game mode! It's called Dominion and you like have to capture these points to do damage to the enemy nexus.

Sounds super different from Summoner's Rift.

12345612 ... 13