Play Offline?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Randanator122792

06-04-2011

i agree and if we get enough people on the whole idea of an offline version of league then we might be able to get their attention and get them to finally make a offline version for the fans of LoL!

Bane Wraith

06-04-2011

To anyone looking this over, I suggest reading The bottom of This Page on my thread...

...LiegeWaffles makes an outstanding point, and one that Has already seen Riot responses. Unfortunately, until there is a healthy argument and a New response by Riot on the issue, personally I may no longer condone the proposition of Offline or strictly LAN based play...

...Sorry guys, but if you Want to see it, you may need to make a New thread- One convincing enough that Riot might see it as a true alternative to the server-side style of the game. ^_^

DarkCornor

06-05-2011

OK so you want an offline server? well i am sorry but that is not going to happen proberly.
there are some main reasons why.

1. if you play offline you can not be logged into your account / pvp.net and chose your champions. Maybe the free to play ones but not the ones you buy. Also that requires that you download those champs first before playing offline.
2. it would take Riot team huge amount of time to make that. as they nearly have to recreate the game.
3. What would you need it for? to play LoL while servers offline? Well sorry but you would need to be connected to servers like i stated in number 1. and all you can do in that mode is play against bots. Just like in Online mode =/

ØJêšušØ

06-06-2011

Campaign Mode offline?

zsoccer13

06-06-2011

This would also be very useful when you are somewhere that you all have laptops and want to play together but u cannot because you have no Wi-Fi... it would be nice to run this game over a small server or over LAN so u cal play single games with friends or just against bots.

chowsers

06-07-2011

That would be an awsome idea, that way ppl can play at scool. Our school board blocks the servers so this would make things alot more awsome

Lôkî

07-12-2011

That would be the best thing ever. I Live in the country and not able to play the game witch gets on my nerves cause I love it so much. Adding an offline feature would definitively solve my craving to play. It's not only good for people like me who have slow internet but also for anyone who wants to try out new champions, spells, runes, masteries, ect. I think It would benefit so much to the game. I hope Riot games see this thread and understands what the customers want. To me that's what true game developers are about. If they listen to customers they will go very far.

Tsubaru

07-18-2011

would be good to be able to play offline, you and 4 bots against 5 bots, just for practice.
at least when the servers are down.

JiYung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCornor View Post
OK so you want an offline server?
>Server
>Offline
:3

fuzzyweapon

Platform QA Lead

07-30-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

DarkCornor is right. LoL was set up in a way that would make this very difficult to do.
I've worked on a platform that had an offline mode...it was so lame because in reality, these things just don't work. The fairness and such that you get from having a centralized authority (serverside authority) goes away. People can easily cheat, there is no reason to play online anymore (or it is severely degraded) and that means poorer matchmaking. Not to mention that it would be a massive effort to make something like that work at this point. If we did try to, even to do a crappy job at it would take a lot of time and effort away from making the online version even better (new features, better stability, etc).