The Valoran Herald

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Al Hatal

07-29-2011

Greeting fellow summoners, my name is Al-Hatal-Nashiff summoner native to the long lost lands at the east of Shiruma Desert and i come to you with a message. When I wanted to know what was happening on Valoran i used to go to the Journal of Justice but then i realized i was missing a lot. So i decided to take my chances and my experience into the paper. During my life ive travelled along this beautiful land watching and hearing so i will give you readers the chance to do the same. Come, watch (read) and hear (feel) the news of whats going on Valoran, not just Noxus or Demacia but the whole continent. So here i am, proudly introducing you my "Valoran Herald", the first newapaper created by the Summoners to the Summoners. Enjoy!

(Jokes and dramatism aside, i do will release every week "flyer" with my vision of the events on Valoran, based on the news posted on the JoJ and inventing some minor stories about our favourite characters.)

BTW: Does anyone knows if i can post an image IN the message, and i dont mean an attached file, i mean that my whole message is just an image (which will contain the news ^^)

-Volume 1 (released 29-7-2011) - 2 Pages

Keiran Darkwill talks to us about the succesion of his father.
Testimonies of the villagers of Kalmanda who lost everything they got.

-Volume 2 (Released 3-8-2011) - 2 Pages

Crime Strikes Bandle City
EZplotion on Noxian Tavern
Ghost, Zombie or Fake?

-Volume 3 (Released 6-8-2011) - 3 Pages

New Field of Justice announced
Keiran Daekwill sent home
Dark Magic cult growing on Bandle City
The Will of the Many?
Legends of the Past: Ferna - The Plagued Doctor

-Volume 4 (Released 13-8-2011) - 4 Pages

Dark Cult stopped on Bandle City
Udyr's self control book about to be released
Movilizing for Malzahar's release
Sivir's house caugh on fire
Help for Kalmanda coming from everywhere
Zaunite Merchants lost on the Shurima Desert
Pentakill announces shows for Bilgewater's September celebrations
The summoner's point of view about the most recent events in Kalmanda

PS: Each Volume consists on X different pages (attachments). All the attachments are in order so you know what pages belong to Volume 1, what attachments belong to Volume 2 and so on ^^

Al Hatal

07-29-2011

Greeting again summoners, ive come to offer you the Volume 1 of our new Valoran Herald.
On page 1, we were able to have a word with Keiran Darkwill about his father's death and the situation in Kalmanda. On page 2 you will find testimonies of the villagers from Kalmanda, those who lost everything thanks to the League's behaviour. Enjoy ^^

Die Nacht

07-29-2011

The league might be too-strong of an institution, but what do you suggest? Without the league, Demacia and Noxus would go back to full blown war in a second.

Besides, the problem in Kalamanda, my home town by the way, was not caused by the league. It was caused by Noxus and Demacia. What the league needs to do is make Kalamanda off-limits to both city states and Kalamanda give the mining rights to one of the smaller ones (not counting Zaun because of their attachment to Noxus).

Saggins

07-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Hatal View Post
Greetings fellow summoners! My name is Al-Hatal Nashef, native of the lands beyond the Morgon Pass and i come to you with a message.

During the many years of my existence I've travelled along this land watching the events as they occured, analyzing the developement of the League and the progressive pacification of the continent and observing how this beautiful world finnaly seemed to follow the right path...

This, however, changed a few days ago when i heard the terrible news that came from Kalmanda. War, once again, allowed me to see the truth beyond the events. For the first time i was able to see what the true purpose of the League was. The way things were handled showed me that although the idea was great, the people in charge of the supreme institution were clearly wrong. We cant let this guys have all the power as they will just use it for their own Benefit.

You want the truth? These actions, the measures that the League of Legends used on Kalmanda to "ensure the peace on Valoran" were nothing but a real threat to the City-states, not just Noxus or Demacia, but tu all the Cities. Thats their way of saying:

"DO NOT CHALLENGE US OR YOU WILL SUFFER THE CONSECUENCES!"

Now is this what you, my fellow summoners, want? Do you want to be dominated by an institution whos clear objective is to rule with iron-hands over all the continent!?

I dont want this, not for me and not for you and so i will fight! Not with weapons, nor with magic... ill use the power of my words and my pen.
I see nothing 'clear' about and objective to rule the continent, only an objective to preserve a world from being destroyed by war. I see an objective to do things like stop armies from rendering villages uninhabitable and murdering innocents for natural resources, as was the fate of Kalamanda.

The people of Valoran who participate in the League of Legends have summoners and champions whom act as representatives of the interests of their nation within the League. Yes, it is true that the summoners of the League have the power to unify all of Valoran by force but if that was their objective they would have done it twenty years ago. Instead they strictly uphold their unbias judgement for fear of losing their credibility and unleashing war on Valoran once again.

High Councilor Vessaria Kolminye attests that they would never be so foolish as to jeopardize their influence over Valoran by taking sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Hatal View Post
From now on ill release every once and again my flyers for those of you who want to know the truth of whats going on on Valoran.)
This could use some spelling and grammar edits but the content itself is very well done. While I don't agree with your opinions you certainly make your point and I enjoy reading them. Keep it up.

Al Hatal

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Nacht View Post
The league might be too-strong of an institution, but what do you suggest? Without the league, Demacia and Noxus would go back to full blown war in a second.

Besides, the problem in Kalamanda, my home town by the way, was not caused by the league. It was caused by Noxus and Demacia. What the league needs to do is make Kalamanda off-limits to both city states and Kalamanda give the mining rights to one of the smaller ones (not counting Zaun because of their attachment to Noxus).
We are in no way trying to move the guilt from the Cities to the League. In our opinion the behaviour of the 2 City states was deplorable but the actions from the League were deplorable as well. If its an institution that is supposed to save Valoran from a Magic Cataclysm they shouldnt go around doing terrible magic, specially when it is clear that there were other ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggins View Post
I see nothing 'clear' about and objective to rule the continent, only an objective to preserve a world from being destroyed by war. I see an objective to do things like stop armies from rendering villages uninhabitable and murdering innocents for natural resources, as was the fate of Kalamanda.
That was what i thought abour the League just some days ago... I was horrified by the announcement of the War between the Cities of Demacia and Noxus but if those news hit me hard, when i heard what the League had done... it just shocked me. May be you are too young but i remember the Last Rune War and this was the most similar event to those that occured back then that i can recall. Its was a miracle that everything went the right way (and the amazing skills of those summoners helped ^^), and even so the colateral damage is huge.

Quote:
The people of Valoran who participate in the League of Legends have summoners and champions whom act as representatives of the interests of their nation within the League. Yes, it is true that the summoners of the League have the power to unify all of Valoran by force but if that was their objective they would have done it twenty years ago. Instead they strictly uphold their unbias judgement for fear of losing their credibility and unleashing war on Valoran once again.

High Councilor Vessaria Kolminye attests that they would never be so foolish as to jeopardize their influence over Valoran by taking sides.
Noone can deny that the League has helped minor states to have a voice and be placed as equals to the 2 mayor Cities (Noxus and Demacia). Doing so would make us fools. However we do were able to notice 2 things from the last, tragic, events.

1-The League, apparently, wasnt strong enough to avoid any kind of confrontation between the 2 cities. Demacia and Noxus started a localized war promising to keep it only on Kalmanda, but that was as far as the League could go using normal means.
2-As they couldnt handle the situation with the words they decided to take direct actions. All good with that (that proves this is not like the UN , but the fact that they needed extremely powerful magic smells to us like a prove of strength. Thats where we see the threat to the states of Valoran. "Do not push the limits that we have set or you will be placed back to your sits by force". Anyway, its all a matter of interpretation and all opinions are welcomed as long as you people enjoy our writing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
This could use some spelling and grammar edits but the content itself is very well done. While I don't agree with your opinions you certainly make your point and I enjoy reading them. Keep it up.
Ok, leaving Lore aside thank you both. As you can see english aint my first language but i do like writing, i do enjoy the Lore and i wanted to take a part on it (a small one may be but a part nonetheless). The whole "fight against the League" was just the argument to start this publication, you know like "i can offer you the info that the JoJ wont cos they are with the League", but we all enjoy the game that is provided by the League so...

My idea is to write my own vision of the news posted by the JoJ and add some news invented by me, nothing important but minor news that will try to expand the World of Valoran because, and this is a true fact, JoJ (although they are great and i love reading them), usually forget about a lot of characters who didnt even had 1 note about them during the 2X issues.

PS: You guys can help me with that last point, giving me ideas for news and stuff that i will write about later.

PSS: This was just the first Volume, made all in the hurry but ill be making improvements on the following ones and certainly make them longer. There will be probably one per week ^^

Tourist Fjord

07-30-2011

(This looks pretty awesome, good luck with this guys! Would totally be up for writing stuff for this if possible :3)

Al Hatal

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourist Fjord View Post
(This looks pretty awesome, good luck with this guys! Would totally be up for writing stuff for this if possible :3)
Well.... as it turns out i was thinking of getting some help on a near future. This is just to new yet so i wanted to see how it would be recieved first. My idea is to release 1 every friday or every 2 fridays.

Now if you want to write and join you will be most welcomed... you need to have a decent english (if you are not an english speaker of course) and not much more. Although if you join we will need a way to comunicate to discus posible news and stuff xD

Anyhow... lets wait for a while to see if the rest of the forum likes this... if it does you sir are hired! :P

Die Nacht

07-30-2011

(oh I forgot to say. There is a way of putting images in the post themselves, but it is annoying and hard as it looks like. Riot does it all the time. Look at this post http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1038053

Click on "quote" and see the raw source of the post. There is a tag called [aws2][/aws2].
However, I do not understand how to use it. Maybe you do or someone can help you. It does work for nonRiot people. I was able to put that image in this post (but took it out).)

Al Hatal

07-31-2011

Ty very much for the info... ill see if i can make something out of it.

In the meantime, "Crime strikes Bandle Citiy", the first note of the Next Herald ^^

SmileyDemon

08-01-2011

I would be willing to act as a journalist if you need one good work so far!