Cass got vision on her W, why can't Gragas get it on his Q?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

8thtime

07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightman View Post
How are those two abilities similar in any way?
Everytime I think I saw all the stupid I'll see from this community, something like this comes up

TheAmpca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunKx View Post
you can almost say this for every skill....so why did you pick gragas Q specifically?
why not?

Naga

07-28-2011

I approve.

8thtime

07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunKx View Post
you can almost say this for every skill....so why did you pick gragas Q specifically?
I think consistency changes like this across the board should be implemented.

I know all Gragas players would love having this extra little perk ><

JunKx

07-28-2011

to be honest, im not sure why they added it to cass...she didn't exactly need it, shes pretty powerful the way she is if played correctly

but i don't think every single skill the slightest bit similar should have it now either. skills have some similarities but they are all different, with different kits and different roles

Guinsoo

Game Designer

07-28-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

In general, we want to add it for all champions that "need" the vision in the brush in so much as they change how they use the ability or other abilities based upon that knowledge.

Cassiopeia is probably most important, since she needs to spam cast Twin Fang while the target is poisoned. Gragas is also a pretty good case since you want to detonate it if there are enemies in the area, though a weaker case since it's a nontargetted spell and Twin Fang is targetted. In general I think we plan to add it for abilities like these, and remove it from abilities where you don't change your behavior based upon this result. In most of those cases, that's a leftover bug from the time when we didn't have the tech to create unattached world effects without creating vision (we had to create a minion to 'hold' the Tormented Soil for example).

shamgar86

07-28-2011

My guess is he doesn't really need it because he is tanky and already has a wall jumping ability.. but it helps protect Cass since she's squishy. In other words, his utility makes it not really necessary.. on him.

Edit: or just go with guinsoo's answer, haha

Johnman2002

07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Gragas is also a pretty good case since you want to detonate it if there are enemies in the area, though a weaker case since it's a nontargetted spell and Twin Fang is targetted.
So does that mean we can expect Gragas to get sight on his barrel soon? If so, you just became my new favorite red.

ƒ Shepherd Book

07-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
In general, we want to add it for all champions that "need" the vision in the brush in so much as they change how they use the ability or other abilities based upon that knowledge.

Cassiopeia is probably most important, since she needs to spam cast Twin Fang while the target is poisoned. Gragas is also a pretty good case since you want to detonate it if there are enemies in the area, though a weaker case since it's a nontargetted spell and Twin Fang is targetted. In general I think we plan to add it for abilities like these, and remove it from abilities where you don't change your behavior based upon this result. In most of those cases, that's a leftover bug from the time when we didn't have the tech to create unattached world effects without creating vision (we had to create a minion to 'hold' the Tormented Soil for example).
I love this answer because it talks about how LoL works as a program. I've figured out that the game is probably held together with duct tape and whenever I hear something like this it makes me want to work there just to see the code. I bet it's epic.

Absowute

07-28-2011

Swain wants vision from Nevermove too..