@Riot: Intended changes for Heimerdinger?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oceanofstars

07-25-2011

With a high mana-cost skill set and the new "ammo" system for turrets (potentially leaving Heimer with longer cooldowns than he had before), as well as a lackluster ultimate, Heimer seems in rough shape. His level 1 stats are among the lowest in game, particularly in starting health and movement speed. He has low late game viability for his turrets, provided their ability to be smited, consumed, or simple downed in two hits, and his ammo cooldown makes a turret lost even more painful. Yorick does not have this issue with his summoned pets, as their CD and costs and scaling are less harsh. Additionally, they do not award gold when killed.

This must all be taken into account with his occasionally buggy turret and rocket AI prioritizing minions over champions, though improvements have been made in these areas.

My point is this: will Heimer be seeing any love from Riot in the near future? I understand his delicate position, based on his skill set and his impact on the game in patches past, but I feel that it is a great disservice to the game to leave a character so unique relatively unpractical in the game's current iteration.

oceanofstars

07-25-2011

Bump.

The community is welcome to discuss it as well, of course. I'm curious to see if Heimer's passive might be changed or tweaked to be brought up to par with other AP carries.

oceanofstars

07-26-2011

Sorry to bump this so much, but I'd really like some feedback!

djquakquak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2011

I want this bumped too. Heimer was one of the first champs to catch my interest when I started playing LoL, but he really could use some changes. It'd be a shame to have an interesting champ with his kit to go to waste.

amadian1

07-26-2011

turrets have an ammo system? when did this happen? sorry if it happend forever ago and i just didnt notice

Vyvuyk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2011

I think that heimer at least has a usefulness in a team for his ability to poke before teamfights with not too much danger due to his turrets being there with slow on the ult to get away. If the metagame moved to poking i think he would be considered much more usefull, but with the beefy dps right now his turrets are not doing enough damage to be a safe haven for him.

N3uby

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadian1 View Post
turrets have an ammo system? when did this happen? sorry if it happend forever ago and i just didnt notice
Its okay, no one else noticed either.

NaiXIII

07-26-2011

Yea... he gets like 1 turret every 30ish seconds without cdr (spitballing timer here), and can only hold a maximum of one until rank three, then he can hold two. I like his rockets though, super long ranged poke is always fun.

Classick

Game Designer

07-26-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yes, and we can buff him after we make some pretty large changes like tweaking his ultimate.

Grigori

07-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
Yes, and we can buff him after we make some pretty large changes like tweaking his ultimate.
Now I am scared.