Game Crashes during Load

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

07-22-2011
21 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalRuin View Post
I hate to complicate your research/work load right now but after going through and looking at these other guy's logs it seems mine are somewhat different. I'm not super code-savvy but after looking at mine I think it has something to do with my client getting into a loop waiting for the server. I haven't tried getting into custom games like some of these other guys and I haven't tried in bulk (I only tried about six times before I came here cause I don't want to get a bunch of quits)

The logs I have look almost exactly the same as the one I attached below. I have already completely uninstalled and then reinstalled the client once and I have repaired it a couple of times. I never had any issues before the patch. At first I thought the issue was on my end with my security program's firewall and/or application control but it isn't blocking the anything related to the game. And it isn't my overall connection because the game works without issue on another computer in my home (both are connected via ethernet cord though I don't see how that would matter)

The reason I post here is because the effect is the same or at least similar; the patcher seems to work fine and all and I can go through the steps of getting into a game right up until the character selection ends and it begins to transfer to the load screen but that's as far as I can get. It goes to a black screen but nothing loads not even the character portraits. If I go into the Task Manager it tells me that the game has stopped responding.

Thanks for any help and suggestions you all have. I appreciate it.
Have you tried repairing? Here's the important line:

000001.655| 64964.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ALWAYS| Build Version: Version 1.0.0.117 (Apr 23 2011/01:20:26) [PUBLIC]

You're somehow running a build of the game that's 4 versions old. You should be on 1.0.0.121. A repair should fix that.

Edit: Have you run a system restore recently? That could account for the odd game version.

iNaman

07-22-2011

bumpity bump

Koren Silver

07-22-2011

funniest story....its friday night and im bored so i thought hey...why not just give it ONE more go and see if i can get into a game... ran a custom and got straight in. heh... my advice for all those waiting for a result, at least once a day run a custom and you may just get lucky hahaha.

LogicalRuin

07-22-2011

That's really weird. I ran the repair process again just now to see if anything changed. How could I be using such an old version of the game client? The patcher claims I'm up to date and I haven't ever run a system restore.

Just tried getting in game after that repair. Same result. After the character selection ends it loads me into a black screen and freezes. Here's the logs associated with my recent two attempts. I checked for that line you pointed out and its in both. Is there some way to manually patch the game?

As always, thanks for your help

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

07-22-2011
22 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalRuin View Post
That's really weird. I ran the repair process again just now to see if anything changed. How could I be using such an old version of the game client? The patcher claims I'm up to date and I haven't ever run a system restore.

Just tried getting in game after that repair. Same result. After the character selection ends it loads me into a black screen and freezes. Here's the logs associated with my recent two attempts. I checked for that line you pointed out and its in both. Is there some way to manually patch the game?

As always, thanks for your help
There's a way to force things to happen. Please try these steps.

RADS\projects\lol_game_client\releases\0.0.0.38\de ploy
RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0. 63\deploy

Within both of those locations, delete "League of Legends.exe". Now run repair. Instead of attempting to see whether or not the file's correct, it will just redownload it (the binary itself is fairly small).

We just need to hope that that was the only bad file, and it wasn't a slew of them. I recommend trying a few custom games with different champions first.

WillDaSnail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

Bump!

KrimsonXG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
I'm pretty sure you guys were having internet issues during the patch. If you have a spotty connection, you may not be able to patch easily.
Got all the same problems. Pick a champ--Attempt Loading--Crash--Reconnect--Freeze--Attempt Reconnect--Search Forums
I've repaired twice with all listed ways, re-installed, and im now re-downloading the game so I currently dont have the r3dlogs available.

By spotty connection, would that have anything to do with the launcher timer fluxing between counting down from, say 15mins to counting up from -17 mins every so often? My launcher keeps doing that.

Edit: I Think its fixed now. I've tried once and it loaded fine and I got to play a custom for about 15 mins then it locked my character and it wouldnt respond to whatever I clicked or used, but the game was still good and playing, a tower got destroyed and bots died.
Is there a way to fix the champion lock ups/controls lock up?

Edit 2: Figured it out. Apparently LoL doesnt like my land line internet connection, nothing is wrong with it, its just doesnt like it. I was able to start playing again once i used my wireless card to connect to internet. Now the latency bounce all over the place. Also does LoL have anything against Xeno Killer?

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

07-24-2011
23 of 23 Riot Posts

Hey guys, I think we may have come upon a solution.

If your problem involves crashing during loading, please follow these steps:

In your LoL installation directory, go to RADS\projects\lol_game_client\filearchives.

There will be 13 numbered folders, from 0.0.0.25 to 0.0.0.38. Delete all of them, then repair your installation. Then attempt to load some custom games and see if anything's changed.

Dr Carter P

12-08-2011

Game doesn't start, every time (not once in a few games)Edit
Most likely cause: The graphics card does not support shader 2.0.
Explanation: Geforce 5 is the lowest Nvidia card League of Legends supports which has shader 2.0. For ATi (AMD) graphics cards, League of Legends supports any in the series 9500+ or any Xxxx after and including the X300. However, performance wise these cards are at the low end (9500 / x800 is the recommended minimum).

This is my error so a ran a test.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Minimum
Recommended

CPU Speed
Minimum: 2 GHz processor
You Have: 2.0 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.20 GHz
PASS

RAM
Minimum: 1 GB
You Have: 4.5 GB
PASS

OS
Minimum: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1, or Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
PASS
Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

Video Card
Minimum: DirectX 9.0 capable video card support Shader 2.0
You Have: GeForce 9600M GT
PASS
Click here for the latest Video drivers.
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 64 MB 1.7 GB
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 2.0 4.0

__________________________________________________ ________________________

I call f'in BS to whatever that solution is. Oh ya you just cant run the game your shaders aren't up to date, oh wait yes they are your running more than a Shader 2.0 and your game still crashes every time after the client tries to go to loading screen......... please help.