Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kitchoua Tembo

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibby View Post
I have something else I want to chime in on about my satisfaction level with Riot.

I have to give them credit for the production quality for dreamhack.

I felt like I was watching something that was ESPN quality. They were really prepared for the broadcasting aspect of that event and I was very impressed.

They had a couple places where they had some misses.

1. Don't have girls interview gamers. The girls seemed to make them nervous. It was like they (ok, most of them) had never talked to girls before.

2. The lack of the ability to watch all the matches live was disappointing and hopefully that can be remedied in the future and the lack of a detailed document that was easily available explaining how the format worked and how the finals would be a weighted best of 3. This created a lot of confusion and no matter how hard I looked I found no documents on the website.

3. When a computer died during one of the matches there didn't seem to be enough forethought into how to handle such a situation. This might not be fully on the shoulders of Riot but they still need to know that the people in charge of equipment have a plan.

I think those are 3 small and fair (although #1 might not be too fair, but it's still true) criticisms and over all I give them an A- on the broadcasting of the event.

I agree, it rocked!

ArchDukeCran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

poll would be better if it was on a scale of 1 to 10

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

07-22-2011
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
Keep voting, by the way. We do pay attention to stuff like this.
Indeed. I particularly like the construction of the title, options, and body. One of the most statistically-relevant polls I've seen on these boards.

For context, current contents [say that five times fast]:

As of right now, are you satisfied with Riot's current state. Just be honest and rate riot, since I see a lot of threads either stating players are going to quit or that players are grateful for Riot providing their services.

This is just an impartial statistic and I hope it generates enough attention for Riot to see how their community responds

Edit: It would also help others and I'm sure Riot to leave a brief reason explaining why you voted how you voted.
Edit 2: Over 100 votes. Thanks guys, and please do leave comments so that this poll will remain at the top of the page.
Edit 3: Over 500 votes now, and we got a Red response! Keep going guys. Opinions!
Edit 4: Thank you guys for all your input and votes. We've broken 1000 votes now! Keep voting!

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

I am not extremely satisfied, but it is a good game and it is also a lot. I voted "Somewhat Satisfied" This appears to be the most common vote.

Forrix

07-22-2011

Thought I'd sum up my thoughts about the game and Riot into the following:

The Good

-Champion development. Poppy was the first champion to be released after I started playing and since then virtually all new champions have been fun, interesting, and usually balanced. Granted they are sometimes a little off at release (Yorick, most recently) but not since Xin have I felt there's been a champion whose addition significantly disrupts the game.

-Champion balance. Considering the enormous number of champions in the game (think there is 70ish right now) it is truly remarkable that almost all of them (sorry Eve) are at least viable.

-User friendliness. From the way the item store is organized to the lacking of denial mechanics this is a game that is pretty easy to just pick up and start playing while still having significant depth. LoL was the first MOBA I played (I've never tried dota) but awhile ago I decided to give the game that must not be named a try when they had a free trial going. Nothing has made me appreciate LoL more than that games ungodly item store/character stats.

-Micro-transactions. With the exception of skin costs (covered below) Riot has one of the best micro-transaction models I've ever seen.

The Lacking

-Maps. I know making a new map is a big deal for a MOBA as map design/layout inherently affects champion balance. That said, LoL has been out for several years at this point and there is only the original 5v5 map and a 3v3 map. The last I heard of the second 5v5 map, Magma Chamber, is that it has been put on ice.

-Replays/Spectator mode. Replays are an integral part of competitive games as they allow you analyze how you played and thus become a better player. This is a standard feature in RTS games, of which MOBA are an off shoot, and while I have no programming skills it doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to implement. These features would significantly enhance the e-sports viability of LoL. I've heard spectator mode is in the works for season 2 but this is something that should of been in for season 1 (and I haven't heard anything about replays).

-Skin Pricing. While Riot's micro-transaction model is excellent on the whole, I feel skins are overpriced unless on sale. Not a major gripe but instead of feeling like I got a great deal I feel like I can only buy a skin when it is on sale. Personally, I think doing something along the lines of an across the board skin price cut by 25 to 40 percent then reducing sales to 10 to 25 percent off would improve this.

-Stability. need I say more?

Overall: Somewhat satisfied. An exceptional game and company on the whole but with a few noteworthy shortcomings.

Akesgeroth

07-22-2011

They mostly do a good job, though I wish the servers would be more stable and that they would work on releasing things like Magma Chamber and Project Shiny before working on more champions.

Maxim284503

07-22-2011

No satisfied, already moved on. Occasionally browse the forums to see what is going on. Downtime kills.

Obediah Genocide

07-22-2011

I actually do feel satisfied...is that wrong?

Primanocte

07-22-2011

Balance seems decent and with patches every two weeks things that are OP don't stay that way too long. UP champs could use buffs more quickly though.

My only big gripe would be the server instability problems over the past 2 weeks or so and the fact that Riot hasn't apologized to the community for it.

Vaekarion

07-22-2011

Somewhat Satisfied:
I don't get too much time to play nowadays, so when I do, the server is generally stable. Had some issues LATELY with it, but nothing that makes me feel too bad. I wish I could grind IP better without spending too much time, but meh.

NOT RELATED TO MY ACTUAL OPINION OF RIOT:
I just wish they'd open a Customer Service Branch in the Chicagoland area so I could get a job with them -_-