Q&A - New Rune System

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

03-19-2010

Combining runes is completely random. Most random things seem to have some pattern with a small sample size.

The only rune type that caps is dodge, at 10%. Max you could otherwise get is 11.25% (.75% * 9 + 1.5% * 3)

CORRECTION: There is no cap to dodge for runes.

They have no intention of making runes cost RP. They will never sell power, and they want you to earn it rather than shortcut it completely. If you want to speed up acquisition of runes, buy IP boosts. That's the closest thing to buying runes with RP.

Don't ever buy Crit Dmg: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=70173

Aizuru

03-21-2010

Lol

Kaze se Inmetsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2010

wow this is helpful

UrsaMinor

04-16-2010

Someone might want to update this thread to make it easier for noobs to read (especially when its stickied).

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

04-30-2010

Updated.

Did you know there aren't green runes?

Schizek

05-02-2010

I get 20lvl and i cant buy tier 3 runes but i can use tier 3 runes from combiner. Can some1 explain to me why ? To buy tier 3 runes i need 21 lvl ?

cavitas

05-11-2010

hi, people. i want to ask. is there a cap on how many runes i can have?(by that what i can have at a given time).
because i'm thinking if it's posssible to get 9 of every rune to have a fully customizable runebook and have a wider range of variation to what runes i need.

and i'm thinking of buying 25 tier 1 runes to get 1 tier 3 rune.(cause it's a lot cheaper)
(i'm just casually gaming anyway)

Larias

Adjudicator

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavitas View Post
hi, people. i want to ask. is there a cap on how many runes i can have?(by that what i can have at a given time).
because i'm thinking if it's posssible to get 9 of every rune to have a fully customizable runebook and have a wider range of variation to what runes i need.

and i'm thinking of buying 25 tier 1 runes to get 1 tier 3 rune.(cause it's a lot cheaper)
(i'm just casually gaming anyway)
There's no cap.

Gwarme

05-11-2010

Is it possible to get MORE than 2 pages for runes ? Please.

Because 2 pages, it was ok few months ago but now... i have tons of runes and it is not really funny to go to change everything manually when u want play another champ.
5 pages would be great. (even more)

bandeerlog

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizek View Post
I get 20lvl and i cant buy tier 3 runes but i can use tier 3 runes from combiner. Can some1 explain to me why ? To buy tier 3 runes i need 21 lvl ?
Have same problem. (applies on EU server)