What does Nasus actually do well ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DayInTheSun

04-30-2010

I agree that trinity is expensive, but you're essentially assuming that all you're doing is last hitting all game. It's not like you need the 130% increase to.... you know.... Hurt champions?

roninsm

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
Actually his DPS is insanely powerful, the reason that people build him as a tank is because otherwise he will get focused to death every fight that he ults... with Starks + Infinity Edge, he pops his skills in a teamfight... his attack damage will go >400, and he is lowering enemy armor by 60, throw a siphon in there and he's critting for 1000, easily... with decent attack speed and 45% lifesteal.
Yea, get starks + inf edge, walk into fight, ult, eat 2 stuns, die. Great DPS.

Or you could get banshees + aegis + sunfire cape, walk into fight, ult kill ****, and not die.

Zeero

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrnodyn View Post
Has anyone every tried Aura Nasus?

I'd be interested to know, since the tankyness, lifesteal, and manaregen all seem to help him out while doing the team a huge favor. Meanwhile he's not completely useless himself as his spells are full of support, even though admittedly, SS will probably used less than is desired.
Depending on the opposing team I typically get Aegis, Stark's, and sometimes even Soul Shroud. It actually works out quite well. Makes you super tanky, the CD reduction is awesome, and you never run out of mana or health unless focused down in a team fight.

Zeero

04-30-2010

to answer the OP's question:

Nassus is a tank, but he happens to be a tank that does great DPS as well. Kind of like a Shen. You should still always build him as a tank with maybe one DPS item (sheen) or possibly a Stark's. Otherwise you wil ALWAYS have more success with nassus when built as a tank. Always, and I say this after having played nassus for 78 wins.

You can easily build him to be DPS but he gets focused and killed so fast that it really just isn't worth it. I have been farmed to the point where I can nearly two shot anyone on their team but still lost the game because of CC. This happened often enough that I switched to more tank like items and have never looked back. You can still do really good DPS, you can still 1v1 most other champions with out an issue, and you are MUCH more useful to your team.

oremut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeero View Post
to answer the OP's question:

Nassus is a tank, but he happens to be a tank that does great DPS as well. Kind of like a Shen. You should still always build him as a tank with maybe one DPS item (sheen) or possibly a Stark's. Otherwise you wil ALWAYS have more success with nassus when built as a tank. Always, and I say this after having played nassus for 78 wins.

You can easily build him to be DPS but he gets focused and killed so fast that it really just isn't worth it. I have been farmed to the point where I can nearly two shot anyone on their team but still lost the game because of CC. This happened often enough that I switched to more tank like items and have never looked back. You can still do really good DPS, you can still 1v1 most other champions with out an issue, and you are MUCH more useful to your team.
This guy is right. Build him like a tank + sheen. Thanks to your aoe armor reducing spell, siphoning strike which increases in damage as the game goes on, and a sick ult that deals damage and makes you deal more damage, you really don't need damage items. The sheen is good though because of the mana as well as making your siphoning strike even more devastating.
Also I reccomend only getting 1 level of siphoning strike until later in the game. You can still last hit creeps with it fine, and it will continue to get more powerful with every kill. This way you can max out your aoe for farming/pushing, and your slow which is one of the best in the game.

Adorno

04-30-2010

Tank + Nuke + Slow&debuff + zone control + aoe damage and debuff + carry (increases in power as game goes on, insurance if game lasts) + great farming + pushing + effective in jungle = general ass kicker and great platform for group items. As a tank who can dish out damage and cc, he is great for rushing their backrow and keeping their squishies from getting their damage on. He is also very flexible.

You have to get used to the fact that he is relatively weak at first, and that his power grows significantly at lvls 6 11 and 16 when his ult levels.

Often un-noted is the great interaction between his ability to push a lane by taking a second to cast a spell, and the fact that he can then run back and grab creeps in the jungle while the lane is pushed out. And why all that farming? Because he makes great use of a wide range of items and becomes a very powerful carry-tank late game.

In some strange way, I think he is the 'perfect' champ.

shawster

04-30-2010

nasus is top 5 tanks in the game

pick up aegis, trinity, farm till you're 11, rape ****. not that hard to play tbh. he can run into a fight and pick off a carry with his tanky dps abilities, he can slow stuff, and he has an aoe farming ability, one of the best in the game.

pmuch when you activate your ult you're a jax that is more tanky but does less dmg, but not by that much considering how much hp you drain per sec.

PhuQPayMe

04-30-2010

OP I am here to tell you exactly what Nasus does well. GET ****ING WINS.

Don't do dps go tank all day.

For the record triforce is not a needed item but it does rock hard on him.

Banshees is a core item and I always roll with cleanse and ghost

I have two builds that I go off of and they affect my start.

If the team im facing has a good harassment setup for early game I start with mana manip.

Other than that i go early to mid bully and stack 3 Hogs and farm SS and intelligently use Fire and wither. Get banshees merc treads(ninja tabi if they are phys heavy) fill out with sunfire capes. If you can use extra damage build a triforce.

If the team has a trist I almost always start with mana manip and rush soul shroud frozen heart. This is really needed to passively slow her insane attack and it also puts the cooldown of wither so low they will only be out like 2 seconds before you put it back on them. You can effectively ignore her because she can waste dps cause of her jump which allows her to escape/waste dps. Get the other champs then clean her up.
Finish this build with aegis banshees sunfire capes.

With nasus ult you don't need dps items

Why capes? Between your ult the capes and spirit fire you will do incredibleAOE damage and the other team just can't ignore you. They have to do something about you cause you are going str8 for their carries. If they don't stack MR your AOE will eat them up. They can't ignore you in team fights late game with your ult. You are hard to kill. Banshees merc treads and Cleanse means they waste alot of CC controlling you and keeping you off the carry which means your dps has a free pass.

Nasus is win man. Lvl 16 your ult is a game changer and the other team has to deal with you or lose.