The Jungler's Guide to the Galaxy

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roninsm

04-28-2010

I've been doing quite a bit of amumu jungling recently, so if you want I can type up a quick guide.

Morzas

04-28-2010

FYI, Rally doesn't provide healing anymore. It's still a useful spell, but I'd run it on supports over junglers (unless you're Shen, then you're like both)

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
i just tried heimer and it's not really effective. if you lead with a turret it dies and they reset. if you tank em you can do wolves pretty easily, but the golems and wraiths rofflestomp you at level 1.

i'd say you can do it if you take smite as a mandatory summ spell, but really smite on heimer is just blech.

will do more tests once i get home from work, but i'm leaning towards it's not advisable, especially because he's such a valuable asset in a lane
good point, I was going to test when I got home.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
FYI, Rally doesn't provide healing anymore. It's still a useful spell, but I'd run it on supports over junglers (unless you're Shen, then you're like both)
Doesn't it still heal the person that carries it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
I've been doing quite a bit of amumu jungling recently, so if you want I can type up a quick guide.
Yes, please! and please use this format if at all possible:
Champion's Name
strength -
weakness -
item start and build -
*if you want, preferred masteries/runes and summoner skills (all on 1 line preferred)
jungle pattern -

roninsm

04-28-2010

Amumu
strength - Good ganker. Not a great laner.

weakness - Can't do dragon early without help. Vulnerable to early ganks in jungle.

item start and build - Doran's shield + HP pot. 3 HP pots first trip back, boots on the next one. After that, follow your normal build (AP or Tank).

MPen runes and HP quints are very helpful, but not necessary. Need smite and experience mastery.

jungle pattern - Get despair as first ability and do golem then the small camp next to it (careful if they're golems), then go back. Get 3 more HP pots and go do lizard. At this point you are lvl3 and can do any camp. Keep in mind that you will run out of mana quickly without golem. Gank as often as possible once you hit lvl4.

Ability order - Despair (W), Tantrum (E), E, Bandage Toss (Q) (for ganking) then R > E > W > Q.

By the way, I tried some testing with Nasus in the jungle but I couldn't figure it out. I know Eski started cloth armor, but I'm not sure about camp order or ability order.

Carados

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
Doesn't it still heal the person that carries it?
If it doesn't, it's a bug, and caused by the Test Realm's crappy way of testing and reporting bugs.

Priamos

04-28-2010

Yeah, I think it would help to have benchmarks of when the lanes are hitting whatever levels, so as to make sure you aren't falling behind. From what I've heard, junglers level faster than people in a dual lane, though not as fast as a solo. I've seen some really bad junglers who are level 5 when the duals are level 9, lol.

nicosharp

04-28-2010

I jungled as Rammus this morning, and out lvld both solo laners. :P

This is turning out to be quite a piece of work... sheesh. I think we can have some leveling benchmarks, that I might record and commentate on. Never made a youtube video, but time to try it.

Also I will tier the junglers..
Like tier 1: Amazing Jungler's would be Udyr, Warwick, Fiddlesticks, Shen
Tier 2: Viable but not amazing - would be Rammus, Gragas, Malphite, etc.
Tier 3: Borderline Viable, slow but acceptable etc.

Soup4

04-28-2010

How much exp does baron give and what other buffs come with it?

HawksGoCAW

04-28-2010

This is how I jungle with Amumu. Kind of differs from the previous guy a bit

Champion Name: Amumu
strengths - Can take Golem at level 1; good ganking and escape utilities
weaknesses - Very team and item dependent; weak early game; goes through jungle relatively slowly
item start and quick rough build - Doran's Shield+HP Pots; Pots; Boots+Pots; Whatever you want (probably Sunfire's cape)
summoner skills/runes/masteries (1 line quick list) - Flash+Cleanse/Ghost, Flat HP, Dodge, MR, and some CDR, 0/21/9 or 0/9/21
jungle pattern - Get Despair first and head for Golem; make sure you autoattack him once before you pop despair. You're probably going to need to use your pot and then head back to base after this. After Golem, finish off the upper jungle -> Elder Lizard -> Wraiths -> Finish off bottom jungle.

Despair > Tantrum > Despair > Bandage Toss > Despair > Curse of the Sad Mummy

With this build, you should be able to solo dragon at level 4 or 5, with some pots and some armor (and that's without Heal/Smite). I focus more on late game and team battles and just use the jungle early game since I'm not much of a harasser anyways (might as well let another team mate level quickly, n'ah mean?), so that explains why I don't really focus my masteries and spells around improving/speeding up my jungling.

12345612 ... 17