Reporting Players

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

07-20-2009
2 of 7 Riot Posts

We definitely want to make the experience for ALL players, not just new players, enjoyable and fun. We're not saying you can't curse or joke around with people, but there is a line, and we're saying that if you cross it, you'll hear from us. And luckily, I think we can count on most of our users to be awesome and not go out of their way to make someone's experience suck.

Ferisar

07-20-2009

If someone's facing volibar in a game, they should 5-man gank him 90% of the time. Amirite?

DUVOIS

07-20-2009

Just to double check: Asking people what they are wearing is still ok, right?

Spaztastik

07-20-2009

Ive sworn once or twice, does that count?

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

07-20-2009
3 of 7 Riot Posts

This is specifically for the beta, we'll eventually add mute, etc.

It's important for us to build a strong - but POLITE beta community right now, and I'm encouraging everyone to help us do so.

That being said - a friendly disagreement here and there is fine, but intentionally ruining games, and just TRYING to offend people is totally unacceptable.

Kevoun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
It's important for us to build a strong - but POLITE beta community right now, and I'm encouraging everyone to help us do so.
This is important to me because the people who are playing now are going to need to set an example for "lol free game" players when the game goes live. In general I dislike seeing nonconstructive criticism and so far I have been impressed with the beta community here.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
This is specifically for the beta, we'll eventually add mute, etc.

That being said - a friendly disagreement here and there is fine, but intentionally ruining games, and just TRYING to offend people is totally unacceptable.
What if someone says I said something awful about the Jews and I was just making fun of one of your developers? ;(

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

07-20-2009
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferisar View Post
If someone's facing volibar in a game, they should 5-man gank him 90% of the time. Amirite?
Lawls! Yes plz moar gankz.

Ragain

07-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
We definitely want to make the experience for ALL players, not just new players, enjoyable and fun. We're not saying you can't curse or joke around with people, but there is a line, and we're saying that if you cross it, you'll hear from us. And luckily, I think we can count on most of our users to be awesome and not go out of their way to make someone's experience suck.

So I am allowed to pretty much swear as long as its not directed at someone?

Be Nice Eric

07-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferisar View Post
Because it's the beta and people were new this weekend, like meself. Yelling at them doesn't solve anything. In DotA, it's the reason a lot of my friends didn't go on trying to understand the game, because the community didn't give a **** for new players and just gave them a hard time for not knowing how to play well.
Be constructive and give them suggestions, pointers, tips, etc.
I don't think a person who's never played anything in the MOBA genre is going to understand when you scream at them with game terms they've never heard of. :S
/agree completely

I tried to have a few friends learn dota with me and ended up just telling em to wait for LoL.

1234567 ... 11