@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rackloy

07-13-2011

Xypherous, you mentioned "Ward-Sweeping" having a negative impact on the game.

The map is small, the paths are nowhere near complex (no paths among trees), wards cost ridiculously little for what they provide and the only limiting factor for buying wards is your gold and inventory space.

Considering the aforementioned, has there been any talk of perhaps increasing the cost, reducing vision range or duration, or limiting the available Wards for a team, should Oracle's Elixir, as it is right now, be removed?

Swordwraith

07-13-2011

I predict lots of tears from people who used to get an ego trip off being invisible, untouchable and able to kill at will with minimal repercussions.

Golly

07-13-2011

Hey xyph not sure if you are still watching this thread, but have you thought about an item that drops a vison ward? like lets say if an item combined with wriggles to drop a vison ward for 3 min. This wouldn't be as devastating as an oracles, and would actually create some fun game play imo. I made a post about it here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...1#post11351621

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackloy View Post
Xypherous, you mentioned "Ward-Sweeping" having a negative impact on the game.

The map is small, the paths are nowhere near complex (no paths among trees), wards cost ridiculously little for what they provide and the only limiting factor for buying wards is your gold and inventory space.

Considering the aforementioned, has there been any talk of perhaps increasing the cost, reducing vision range or duration, or limiting the available Wards for a team, should Oracle's Elixir, as it is right now, be removed?
This is what I am wondering about too. Without oracles is the only way to get rid of wards going to be pink warding where one is? Seems that will make warding even more important and make the game more dull as more of the game is played as if it was in spectator mode. Objectives like baron and dragon will become perma-warded and you will not be able to try for those objectives without the other team knowing about it ever.

Not sure how I feel about this as a player. I use wards so I guess I will benefit from this. As a spectator watching the tourneys though I think this makes for a duller viewing experience as their will be less surprises between the teams.

Not sure I really understand whats so negative about oracle sweeping either.

JoeSixPac

07-13-2011

R.I.P twitch

MidnightSoldier

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSixPac View Post
R.I.P twitch
Twitch has "range" so it really isn't going to matter if you actually read you would know that..

CrimsonEater

07-13-2011

Just copy Dust of appearance and you'll have no problems against stealth.

Mooinacan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2011

I'm skipping a few pages of this thread and sorry if you answered this in those pages that i'll read after posting.

I've loved playing Eve for a long time, from what you're saying it sounds like it will still be fun to play a stealth. Correct me if I'm wrong, her gap closer is going to be on her E? and What will the active be on her W?

Think leveling eve/twitches stealths could reduce the vision radius? making it to where they could get closer? or would that leave things too unfun to play against?

Caladh

07-13-2011

@Mooinacan
There are two guesses, so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladh View Post
Passive: no info
Q: longer range version of hate spike that proritizes enemy champions
W: perma stealth passive, bush check active (active is a subject to change)
E: Ravage, gap closer+stun
R: short duration shield
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
Her Ultimate will mostly be the same, just a shield in place of a heal.

Eve's kit sounds like this:

Q: Hate Spike - Longer range, prioritizes Champions
W: Perma Stealth Passive, damaging mid-range harass nuke active that can check brush.
E: Gap closer+stun
R: Massive attack and movespeed buff + shield to escape.
Passive: ???

Raistyn

07-13-2011

hey I didn't read through all the pages but are the stealthed characters going to be warned by their sight crystal if an enemy is in the brush and they're not?