@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

enforcerupu

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBomb View Post
It also puts you at a power advantage considering stealth champions are all out-shined in almost every aspect by non-stealth champions. They requires A TON of snowballing to do good, and are all but basically useless by the time late game rolls around.

You don't lose money in league for dying.
You have 2 possible get out of jail free cards.
Countering stealth is decidedly LESS costly than in DotA.

Yet I never once in all my years of playing dota saw as much complaining about stealth as I see in 1 day on the league forums.
I'll certainly agree with the power disadvantage. I think the issue people have is with the insane scouting ability it gives a team, especially early game without having to spend $ on wards.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkbaitBruhaha View Post
Still gonna use my bans to get rid of stealth champs cause I hate them!!!!
Stealth champs?

There are no stealth champs.

Show me ya moo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xypherous View Post
"robot chicken" scout drone
Quote:
Originally Posted by xypherous View Post
"robot chicken" scout drone
robot chicken?!

Vinge

07-13-2011

And thus, twitch became sam fisher

iBomb

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcerupu View Post
I'll certainly agree with the power disadvantage. I think the issue people have is with the insane scouting ability it gives a team, especially early game without having to spend $ on wards.
That 's what this kind of game is about though, you make choices. You give up certain things to gain an advantage in other areas. Riot should respond to little fun exploits players find and meta-game choices like this with open arms. Instead Riot thinks EVERYTHING needs to be dumbed down and there should be no skill-gap what-so-ever in the way people play.

Adam Fire Lord

07-13-2011

Will eve still be able to jungle?

HuaSmurf

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBomb View Post

Guinsoo came from dota, there are a lot of stealth mechanics in dota, yet no one cries about them one bit..they just counter it. That is extremely surprising since countering stealth in dota is A LOT more costly.

/e; My point of saying guinsoo is originally from dota is so you can realize how dota-ish all his champions are, when compared to other designers.
because the community is mostly composed badddies.. and EVE rape low elos and normal games. people dont get pink ward, oracle, etc... i agree with you, ive been a DOTAer for a long time and never ive seen complain about invis hero such as stealth assasin. But, in LoL u have snowballs items + you dont lose money when u die (so even if they die, they ll keep coming (with better items since no gold lost) and make u lose ur lane while u use ur farm to buy wards).. so the invis heroes r a pain.. while they keep u trapped and play passive + waste gold on pink/oracle... their sole presence make the game a pain.

IMO, LOSE GOLD ON DEATH!!

MidnightSoldier

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ninja'ed! :3
So you guys are targeting perma-stealth and working on buffs to accompany these changes.
Have you guys thought of balance with tactical stealth champions to accompany this change?...

such as akalis twilight shroud being more rewarding in a team fight and or having a longer duration of stealth out of the shroud?...

The main problem with tactical stealth champions is they fall pretty hard vs other champions late game.

I think abilities such as this should feel less ...shaky especially sense summoner spells such as flash is being changed.

Aethern

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Thanks for the reminder! We have a color-blind QA/Dev expert here and we'll try to make the sight gems also have huge visual distinctions on the particle side.

(Like, lidded eye, closed eye, open eye, etc.)
Thanks!

RQ Sorcha

07-13-2011

<.<
>.>
┻━┻ ︵ (╯□)╯