Upcoming next Patch: Global changes and how they effect Pantheon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XJDevil

07-13-2011

What I believe panth needs is any one of the below:

1. Make his passive able to block spells.
2. Increase stun-time on level 1 of his W.
3. Increase HSS area of effect and distance.
4. Increase DPS of his HSS.

Xluthus

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hey all,

This patch, we're getting the long-awaited global teleport tech, which allows us to limit the range of global teleportation abilities.

This means Pantheon, next patch, will have less teleportation range than on live currently. This is a big opportunity for us and you to shape the direction of Pantheon's changes - we want you to try him with the new range and tell us what you think he'll need to be fun and viable again. Changes could range from numbers to skill reworks, anything really. We have ideas, but we know you've wanted this for awhile - let's get together so our team can deliver what you want more effectively.

Our goal is to get this out in the patch-after-next. We have a few additional tech cleanups to do on him in the meantime and wanted to take this delay as an opportunity to really give fans what they want to make Pantheon awesome again.

Please post your thoughts here - I'll only be able to comment sporadically, but we'll be compiling feedback and involving you in this decision process.

PS: Derails or flagrant complaints without productive discourse will be ignored by me. This will be a busy thread and I'll need to be efficient to get valuable feedback

EDIT:

To answer the TF concerns, we are not planning TF buffs at all. We'll see how much this actually effects him, since he's a must-ban right now, buffs don't make much sense.

Pantheon is considered really weak however, so we're lining up buffs here, but wanted to gather your feedback as well.
So your working on things with Pantheon but Leona still isnt out? im --- this close to uninstalling and quiting forever.

April Shaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2011

Please please please don't touch his Q or W, or if you do, don't rework them entirely. Just remove his E and give him an entirely new move.

These Pretzels

07-13-2011

I always miss the beginning of these threads, but ah well. Here's hoping what I post gets seen.

Pantheon has gone through a myriad of changes throughout his life in the League, some good, and some bad. Let's take a look at his beginning.

When Pantheon was first released his HSS was bugged, making it take 100% of his AD at all levels. This made him do absolutely obscene damage, but no one besides Pantheon players noticed this. Well, Riot did too, as they fixed the bug a patch or two later. The thing is though, non-pantheon players somehow did NOT notice this bug, and for one reason or another, called him underpowered.

The only lackluster move in his kit at his release was his ult, mainly due to the long channeling time.

Moving along, the patch that fixed the HSS bug also buffed every move in Panth's kit, minus the stun I believe. According to some math I punched in, taking into account his release and post patch stats, led to some pretty incredible numbers.

Assuming you were fighting someone with no armor, and also assuming you had a BF Sword, the post patch HSS was dealing 200~ more damage than release Pantheon. The numbers I have kicking around are 650 release, 850 post. Which is a gigantic leap.

Pantheon was quickly nerfed, making his HSS a passive / weak farming tool. A couple of months went by and I played Pantheon with some pretty good success using Brutalizer, Boots of Swiftness, and then getting Trinity Force (getting sheen first). It was a completely different style of play that still worked for him. The reason this was true was due to his stun. If you were positioned correctly, you could throw a spear, hit someone with a Trinity Force Proc, stun that someone, hit them with the Trinity Force, and then spear again, being sure to make use of the Trinity Force.

That was only possible due to the length of the stun. With that shortened down it made it impossible to achieve the sheen / trinity force procs needed to burst someone down.

Really though, the main kick to his kit that made Pantheon so... eh, not really unviable, just not as attractive as say, Lee Sin, Jarvan, Xin Zhao, was the nerf to the speed that HSS dealt damage.

tl;dr Revert HSS speed decrease, slightly increase stun length, and decrease the channel time on the ult.

P.S. Been playing since the game went into open beta, and I still absolutely love it.

P.P.S. Been playing Pantheon since his release, and I still absolutely love him.

P.P.P.S. Pantheon is still better looking than all the other male champions BOOYAH

Morello

Lead Designer

07-13-2011
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labraid12 View Post
So your working on things with Pantheon but Leona still isnt out? im --- this close to uninstalling and quiting forever.
I'm a designer. The build deploy stuff isn't anything I can do - I shouldn't just sit around and not work :P Leona doesn't have gameplay balance problems, it's a stability-related issue.

Morello

Lead Designer

07-13-2011
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Thanks everyone for a lot of great suggestions and additional broad-spectrum insight into what you'd like to see in the Pantheon buffs. Also, double thanks for your understanding of how we have to roll this out in two pieces - it's not optimal, but it does lead to the right balance for Pantheon at the end of the day <3

The team and I will be discussing and parsing this over the course of the week.

Now, to get stealth finished so we can give Eve and Twitch the love they need!

These Pretzels

07-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks everyone for a lot of great suggestions and additional broad-spectrum insight into what you'd like to see in the Pantheon buffs. Also, double thanks for your understanding of how we have to roll this out in two pieces - it's not optimal, but it does lead to the right balance for Pantheon at the end of the day <3

The team and I will be discussing and parsing this over the course of the week.

Now, to get stealth finished so we can give Eve and Twitch the love they need!
To put it in the old language, bueno.

Camera

07-13-2011

Are you going to do anything to the teleport summoner? It's incredibly overpowered right now in organized play.

Bronze Jovi

07-13-2011

Pantheons Q applies on hit effects but lower the base damage
Pantheons W increase the stun length again
Pantheons E this skill seems worthless most of the time really only get it for the auto crit might be better with increased stun duration tho
pantheons R lower the radius/damage .5 second channel time once in the air no channel time to jump

BlueZucchini

07-13-2011

If his jump is not global anymore I think lowering the channel duration of it and the warning time for the enemies would be cool. I think this would benefit him a lot, just like Fiddle benefited a lot by his channel reduction.

If you then also increase the stunduration on his W by a bit at the early lvls (start at 1 second maybe, up to the 1.5 seconds), so HSS has actually a chance to hit experienced people, he would be fine already I guess.