@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DagonTreant

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPoet View Post
The Gems are above the enemy's head, so that you can see which enemies can see you or are about to see you. As stated earlier in the thread, you will only be able to see an enemy's gem if you can see the enemy, so if they are in the brush, you won't know that they are there nor see their gem.
Thats not what I meant, Will Eve be able to scout the enemy team without seeing them because of her gem. So Eve is in the lane, about to ganked, but her gem turns yellow so she doesnt face check the bush that would kill her, because she knows there are enemy champs there. Make sense?

Rumuwi

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyElf View Post
Xypherous had to do some work.
Ahh mustve missed it that part

PixelPoet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCuri View Post
The summoners are watching the Champions and controlling them.

The direction they face should not be important.
That and the fact that in a previous thread on possible stealth systems they noted that direction detection had big issues when latency was introduced to the system making it very unreliable.

whitemilk

07-12-2011

Thanks! Really wanted to hear about this!

Thanorodd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagonTreant View Post
Thats not what I meant, Will Eve be able to scout the enemy team without seeing them because of her gem. So Eve is in the lane, about to ganked, but her gem turns yellow so she doesnt face check the bush that would kill her, because she knows there are enemy champs there. Make sense?
She won't know, because it's not her gem.

It's over the enemy heads, who are all hidden in the brush she is going to facecheck.

Monobrow

07-12-2011

Make stealth like DoTA stealth; problem solved. Stop being pussies and just do it already, it's been nearly a year since you said you were going to rework it.

This game is noob enough without deny or gold loss upon death. Just put the same stealth system DoTA has, if noobs complain. Nerf it as you do with everything else.

inb4 downvotes.

Philosophy Paper

07-12-2011

This is quite frankly one of the most descriptive, detailed, insightful threads about changes and gameplay mechanics I have ever seen. I like the new changes and look forward to seeing the changes in gameplay that will accompany them. Thanks a ton for the info Xyph and Shurelia!

PixelPoet

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagonTreant View Post
There is no gem above Eve's head, the gems only appear above the ENEMY'S heads on her screen (or twitch's), not hers. In other words, no, she can not detect champions in bushes with this ability.

Lopen

07-12-2011

On reworking Eve's stealth into a passive and having a stealth + stun broken at level 1, wouldn't it be possible to make the opponent's "eye radius" or whatever based on her level, and just making the radius so large it's almost worthless for the first two or three levels?

That or make the stealth a passive of another active skill. The point being that it'd be an easy way to give her an ability that can vision check bushes without taking away something she has.

Which might be the current working idea, I suppose.

CopyWritten

Recruiter

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Gems only appear on top of enemy champions within 1400 units, so you'll need an enemy champion nearby that you can see to be able to "ward hunt" with this.
Would Nidalee be getting her ability to see wards with her traps again then? I noticed it taken out this patch without any notice.