@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeoneth

07-12-2011

Question: with your plans for the short range oracles. Will it be an off center radius. Like there is less range behind the character and more range in front?

Vandalain

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
"Wriggles" for supports?
This.

Please.

Now.

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeoneth View Post
Question: with your plans for the short range oracles. Will it be an off center radius. Like there is less range behind the character and more range in front?
No, it is a circle around the character.

Ensign Epic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:
It leads to long periods of inaction due to the need to sweep and a snowballing advantage for the winning team, especially at higher competitive play.
This, except for the last part, seems like a description of what stealth does, not Oracle's. Stealth makes you cower around your turret and be ridiculously cautious. It also serves only to make a winning team win even harder (this includes the new stealth mechanics). The ability to sweep is a counter to that, why not just keep the counter the way it is?

Koopatroopa

07-12-2011

Quote:
Ward-sweeping is viewed as a detriment to our game currently. It's one of the major problems we have to solve before this can be released as the status of Oracles is contentious.
Why not make oracle last x amount of seconds, or attach it to an on-use item? Also make them for ward killing purposes only.

Jaystander

07-12-2011

I for one am extremely excited about these remakes. They make me want to play Eve again. But i was wondering in regards to what Xyp said about different ranges of detection for Eve and Twitch. Eve's detection will be longer than her auto attack range because she is melee but how about Twitch's in comparison to his auto attack range. It seems like an important piece of information to know how to deal with a Twitch.

Zergyzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:

I probably shouldn't do this but as compensation, some sneaks..

Evelynn can have her stun back, because now you have advanced warning of her when she steps in. She might need a short-step-stun in order to successfully initiate. Testing required. Twitch has proven to be a slightly harder problem in internal testing.

As an aside: Hate spike is now awesome (for me, at least). Evelynn now has Champion prioritizing Lurker Spines. This makes her lane less bad.

As usual, feel free to ask questions for a little bit as I stick around. I don't know all the details of the full remake (as Live better understands that new environment). Sorry for the delay, but with Orianna/Champion pipeline and such, this has been somewhat of a lower priority for me.
Because taking away her stun helped accomplish this how? Especially since she is going to get it RIGHT BACK..... So wait let me get this straight did twitch receive a nerf or temp change that made him 100% less effective like Eve did? well? like did his out of stealth proc change to movespeed or increased armor or something useless like that like Eve's stun->slow????? I don't feel that eve is getting ANY justice here, she just got unfairly b1tchslapped for no reason while the other perma-stealth just got the ok for business as usual.............. sure seems fair. Although i do remember when it happened Eve's hatespikes got a missle speed increase because as we all know faster hatespikes make up completely for 100% less effective toolkit. Congrats on the idiocy it makes me smile.

EDIT: GIVE ME MY LEONA OMFGBBQRAGEHAXRAWR!!!!1!1!11one because why would it matter as soon as shes open for business the servers are going to crash and burn.... because if I am not the only one that noticed seems to be the prevailing TREND these days!

ThievingSeven

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
No, it is a circle around the character.
Wouldn't less vision behind you make for more strategic game play and fall under the "here was no way for the opponents to get an inkling of how clever the stealth player was being, and thus there was no good way to get a sense of how that player operates." category?

It wouldn't have to be too severe but maybe just enough for eve to get her hop stun off before a player can react to the vision?

Torenia

07-12-2011

Could always have Oracle's only work when you stand still a second or with a shorter sight range (or some mix of both)

Reibert

07-12-2011

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but with huge reworks on "stealth' being made, are we also going to expect some new Stealth-oriented Champions to compliment the new gameplay style?