@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jedem Das Seine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophioneus View Post
I think Oracle's Elixir should stay to counter wards and "invisibility". It's a must-get against an Akali, Teemo and Shaco. And the map-awareness battle is a fundamental part to the top-level 5 premade game.
I agree with this. I think Oracle's is still a valuable item, just with the stealth rework a lot of players may not immediately realize the value of it. Especially at lower levels when ward scouting isn't common at all, it probably will see less use.

However, that's no reason to remove it... lower levels of play rarely use consumables to begin with, especially the very underrated Elixirs, that doesn't mean they should be replaced.

Maybe something in tandem with Oracle's, along with a reduction of the range of what Oracle's does, would be appropriate. I don't know, I'm not involved in the balance process so I can't really say.

But I'd hate to see the potential for ward clearing go away, along with a counter to people like Akali and Vayne with short-term stealth that you may need to focus in a fight.

Also - not sure if this has been addressed, but does this affect Nocturne at all? I feel like he's in a fantastic place and I wouldn't want this to inadvertently be a nerf.

P S Y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

07-12-2011

Did you ever think about making stealth be the champions passive ability? Therefore requiring no activation?

Ensign Epic

07-12-2011

Why, exactly, is Oracle's sweeping seen as a detriment to the game? It comes at a pretty heavy cost.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
16 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Did you ever think about making stealth be the champions passive ability? Therefore requiring no activation?
I think we wanted the level 1 gank attempt to feel as if it costed something, and that's why it's a level 1 passive/active.

Especially the free smite-steal at blue at rank 1.

Quote:
Why, exactly, is Oracle's sweeping seen as a detriment to the game? It comes at a pretty heavy cost.
It leads to long periods of inaction due to the need to sweep and a snowballing advantage for the winning team, especially at higher competitive play.

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by P S Y View Post
Yes I did think about that for Evelynn, the reason why I didn't is so that she can't have stealth + a damaging/stunning move at level 1.

Poor Amumu is already emo enough as it is!

Cuchulainn

07-12-2011

I'm okay with this.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
17 of 18 Riot Posts

Ninja'ed! :3

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ninja'ed! :3
>: (

PriorityOne

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
That was removed, but she is given a powerful short duration shied (~2 seconds) upon casting her ulti which will reward players for stalking close to champions and attacking without using the ulti to close.
That makes me very sad.

Some of the most exciting moments I've had playing Evelynn were those teamfights were I just barely stayed alive thanks to that healing. The sense of "OMG I'm dead! I'm alive! I'm dead! I'm alive!" as I desperately clicked around a team fight is one of the most fun and amazing emotional roller-coasters in league of legends. When you just barely make it out with a sliver of health, you feel wonderful.

I'm looking forward to the remake because I love playing her but I will really miss that aspect of her.

Boreall

07-12-2011

Dat Xypherous! :P