@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murph McMorphwiz

07-12-2011

Xypherous, you're the man. Let's get together and flip tables over a cup of coffee some time.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Bros3idon

07-12-2011

Xypherous es #1 huehuehue

but for serious, you're my favorite

thumbs up

TechnMage

07-12-2011

X as in scale down with level, and differ between the 2 champions or X as in undecided number, or possibly both?

Bland

07-12-2011

When a red was once giving a rough (and I mean really rough) description of what they'd change about stealth, I was already suspecting and hoping for this...
This is an incredible change, and will solve a ton of problems, once you get it tweaked to balance
Also thank you for the information you're giving out, it's highly appreciated.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
14 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
X as in scale down with level, and differ between the 2 champions or X as in undecided number, or possibly both?
I think X will be different for each champion, as Twitch is ranged.

in the butt pls

07-12-2011

Oh I LIKE this change. I think that teamfighting with these new mechanics are going to cause some really interesting positioning strategies to emerge... especially for getting fights going near brush.

Pragz

07-12-2011

What if this "Wriggle's" thing you were talking about could be activated to give you 3 seconds of Oracle's on a 60-second cooldown.

Now a "ward sweep" will take a lot of time and be hit-or-miss, completely countered by unique ward placement. Plus you don't run the risk of dying as soon as you use it and wasting the 400g.

Then you can remove Oracle's.

UberMagus

07-12-2011

THANK YOU so much for the update!!!

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
15 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Oh I LIKE this change. I think that teamfighting with these new mechanics are going to cause some really interesting positioning strategies to emerge... especially for getting fights going near brush.
In general, teamfighting has proven to be less interesting with stealth, but overall moving and positioning (especially in Jungle or TT) has proven to be much more complex for the stealth character.

And that's it for immediate response questions for now. I have to hop and do playtesting/iteration for a couple hours. I'll check up on this thread later tonight.

IS131c7cb285e774

07-12-2011

I think Oracle's Elixir should stay to counter wards and "invisibility". It's a must-get against an Akali, Teemo and Shaco. And the map-awareness battle is a fundamental part to the top-level 5 premade game.