@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PixelPoet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
In addition, these characters are getting some mechanics to help them out in general. Evelynn's new stun will not be tied to stealth for example.
This was my question, would be interested to see how her stun is worked back into her kit, but I'm sure you'll put that into your explanation you mentioned earlier.

This system does seem like a step in the right direction, though I think Eve is going to become more MS dependent to properly kite outside of people's vision circles.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
11 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
if the marker lets stealth characters know when they can be seen even if by wards do you think this might be used to exploit ward hunting,also if oracle's is removed how will we be able to remove wards/mushroom's/jack in the box
Gems only appear on top of enemy champions within 1400 units, so you'll need an enemy champion nearby that you can see to be able to "ward hunt" with this.

wiped

07-12-2011

Eve getting a built in flash AND a stun? Looks like I'll still hug the tower when she is on the enemy team.

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
since you deal with the champion remakes, shurelia, how are you going to deal with twitch's "Q" ?

In general, the way twitch's kit works is fine. It rewards attack speed by giving you more stacks of his true-damage passive the more attacks you can get in. And with more stacks comes more effective slows and nukes from debilitating poison and expunge respectively.

Twitch normally didn't itemize a WHOLE lot of attack speed though because he got so much with his invis (the attack speed buff lasted longer the closer twitch's stealth timer came to running out)

So I guess my question is: how are you going to reconcile the fact that twitch's AS steroid (which he desparately needs) doesn't really mechanically work anymore due to the stealth changes while developing a solution that maintains his "flavour?"

(twitch has never really been a champion who relies on knowing when to cast his spells . . . he's all about positioning. so, while a more active "Q" may be cool, it could throw off his flavour completely)
(Also, just nerfing the AS bonus but making it constant doesn't seem overly helpful since twitch tended to utilize that spell for temporary BIG boosts to AS.)
Right now internally, Twitch's Q gives you the stealth passive at 1 point, then grants you active attack speed when used.

He's going to be an assassin with carry qualities.... I would see him as an inverse Vayne.

Jansports

07-12-2011

Eve getting a support esq spell to brushcheck? She needs a tiny initiation to land stuns under new stealth?

Since you mentioned anivia's wall which is similar to Trundle's Pillar(which provides a debuff around it) What about something along the lines of Armor/MR reduction near this 'thing' and a second activation to hop over to it Similar to Jarvan or Lee Sin's abilities that move them towards other stuff. Or something of the sort. Even lowered Damage could work as a way to make her a little sturdier (Artificially) in a fight.

And Please do think about the Jungle, there is an alarming lack of non tanky junglers currently considered viable. Eve would be a nice addition to Nocturn as "the only jungler that doesn't end up tanking"

Grossmond

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

@Xypherous

I know you were saying about possibly (or probably) removing Oracles depending on what type of item you could come up with to help. I was curious in all of it did you ever think to maybe do something like with Tenacity how its on several different items to create a more Anti-CC options maybe have something like that which modifies the X range of the seeing the stealth ever so slightly?

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiped View Post
Eve getting a built in flash AND a stun? Looks like I'll still hug the tower when she is on the enemy team.
Evelynn's dash-stun is currently the same range as Ravage.

AbsolutionJailor

07-12-2011

As long as Twitch is viable, I'm happy. Expunge makes me want to punch drywall. Low base, low stack scaling, flat AP scaling regardless of stack amounts, damage falls off incredibly late game. It is the opposite of fun, it eats true damage stacks to deal magic damage, and if I had a pentakill for every time an opponent is escaping and I Expunge at the very maximum range only to see my opponent live with 30 health, Jesse Perring would let me buy him a beer.

Twitch is like the underdog Teemo. He's cute, in a messed up way, but he brings even less to his team.

Volverbot

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylexus View Post
I have a legitimate question. If this fixes the anti-fun mechanics of stealth can we expect more full time stealth champions? Sounds good overall but I'm feeling like oracles will still ruin these champs completely. Perhaps increase Oracle's price to 500 or 600?
I second this question.
More full time stealthers?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
12 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Just curious, if Eve or Twitch enters into the stealth visibility range, do they have to enter the warning (yellow) state of vision or stealthed (red) state of vision to become stealthed again?
If Eve and Twitch haven't attacked, the instant they step of out the detection range, they will become stealthed again. If Eve and Twitch have attacked, they'll need to wait 2 seconds before they can become stealth.

Quote:
A short hop is a short hop. Think Trundle's Q in how Trundle steps forward to bite the opponent at 250 range.