@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Toenail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

I have a legitimate question. If this fixes the anti-fun mechanics of stealth can we expect more full time stealth champions? Sounds good overall but I'm feeling like oracles will still ruin these champs completely. Perhaps increase Oracle's price to 500 or 600?

Lord Oliveira

07-12-2011

It won't affect Shaco or Akali or Vayne in any way. They have short burst stealths that don't count.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
10 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
I don't give a whit about stealth right now, did you just mention "Wriggle's for supports"?
It's in testing right now. So far, it's kind of fun but not quite hitting the mark.

Quote:
One question.....why?

Not that stealth is being reworked, but why is stealth being reworked so drastically?
I don't disagree with you that we have a lot of things that need to be looked at. However, Stealth has been on the back burner for a *long time*. I assure you that we are aware of everything that you've brought up and we have other designers who are aware of those issues or actively working on them.

Additionally, if this stealth system works out well, this enables us to open design space for more stealth. We'll see.

For example, Guinsoo is looking at Shen right now and Shurelia is looking at healing right now.

Let me know if there are things that we are unaware of though.

Quote:
Can twitches poison actually do some damage other than having to use expunge to get some damage out of it?. Kind of like teemos poison is what i'm thinking.
Hm. Last I checked, Twitch's poison at level 18 does 10 true damage per stack, stacking up to 6 times, for 6 seconds.

360 true damage for 6 stacks seems pretty good to me, but I could be wrong?

TehGus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Xy, you're a genius.

TruNexus

07-12-2011

if the marker lets stealth characters know when they can be seen even if by wards do you think this might be used to exploit ward hunting,also if oracle's is removed how will we be able to remove wards/mushroom's/jack in the box

thehuzzahifier

07-12-2011

Xyph: If you remove Oracle's, will you create something similar that supports can use to scout around for wards? If not, why not?

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurori View Post
@Shurelia/@Xypherous ( dang your name is hard to spell xD )

By, once upon a time, making a thread concerning Shaco, I had Guinsoo replying about some certain changes and bug fixes are being planned for the certain champion.

I do understand that the changes being made for long-term stealth does not affect Shaco, but what I am wondering is whether you could update us about Shacos current position in your "to fix list".

Thanks in advance.
He's on the fix list, but we have a lot of other things to do first. I might take a look at him soon if I have gaps in iteration time.

King Mog

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
You only see the gems if you can see the other person. So twitch would be able to see the other twitch if you were in range. It applies directly to who can see you or not.

Example: Twitch A is in brush. Twitch B approaches Twitch A. Twitch A seems a gem over Twitch B, but Twitch B cannot see Twitch A and therefore cannot see a sight gem.
So your saying 2 Stealth will not know they are near each other cause neither can see a site gem, so you cant scout out for other stealthy, so no pre indicator there is a stealthy unless you can already see him, awesome! TY

AcidTongue

07-12-2011

Just curious, if Eve or Twitch enters into the stealth visibility range, do they have to enter the warning (yellow) state of vision or stealthed (red) state of vision to become stealthed again?

Remunial

07-12-2011

This is actually really amazing. I can't wait to see what you have in store for their new abilities.