@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volverbot

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
They will be passive/actives. The new stealths will be coupled with other utility spells. We're trying a few things in the slot.

For example, Twitch's Ambush in testing right now is a passive/active. His passive is stealth. The active is gains X% Aspd, for 7 seconds. Fairly straightforward.
I love you now :3

1. Are we going to keep poisons on twitch?
2. Can he has a new ult?

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemmoxMKII View Post
Couldnt you guys have come up with a gradiant option? The closer Eve or Twtich are to a champion the more hue they get, farther away means they arent as visible (This goes for the Hp bar as well)
The gems work well since its clear who can see you or not (especially with green->yellow). You would lose that with a hue option.

TruNexus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

with eve and twitch's stealth skills becoming permanent if they stay as regular skills what will be the difference between rank 1-5. also will the skills be toggle on/off or permanent and if toggle are there and pro's/con's to having them on or off. if the stealth skills became passive abilities it would also open up room for say a blink skill on eve to help with her melee range

Dreggon

07-12-2011

Are you perhaps going to implement a feature wherein you can 'cast' your stealth, giving you a temporary buff that makes stealth more effective while the buff lasts (sort of like how Xin Zhao's War Cry currently works), or make the stealth more effective while you're not moving? You could even go triple-stealth; 'cast' the stealth, then stand still, and you can only be seen by actual Oracles or Vision Wards (or whatever they're called).

Rhyanna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-12-2011

Quote:
We're addressing this with some kit stuff. For example, giving Evelynn a medium range harass ability (Lurker Spines) allows her to flit in and out of her "revealed" radius to harass opponents while being slippery and hard to find. Giving Evelynn a short-hop on ravage allows her to close the gap slightly faster, etc.
Perhaps a leblanc like hop, attack, hop back?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
9 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Will the marker still show??

Is the marker ON Twitch/Eve or on top of all enemy champions individually?.. if it's the first case, Eve and Twitch are going to be almost inmune to Facecheck as they will have a natural derector of enemies in brushes.... if it's the second one, Eve and Twitch's stealth will become useless when trying to scout bushes (as the enemy will see them without them having the knowledge of being watched.)
The marker appears on top of *enemy* champions. Unfortunately, this diminishes Evelynn's capacity to brush check.

I believe we're testing Evelynn with a utility spell that will enable her to brush check at a distance. (Similar to how Anivia's ice wall can be used to brush check)

Quote:
I love you now :3

1. Are we going to keep poisons on twitch?
2. Can he has a new ult?
1. I like twitch's poison.
2. Yes.

nV Alteisen

07-12-2011

Quote:

Evelynn can have her stun back.
Good.

Mattarias

07-12-2011

Woah, woah, woah.

I don't give a whit about stealth right now, did you just mention "Wriggle's for supports"?

I... Oh my. I need to lie down.

Aryle

07-12-2011

That was way more in depth than I expected when I clicked on this. Sounds pretty awesome now. Can't wait to see the remade kits.

Sunsur

07-12-2011

One question.....why?

Not that stealth is being reworked, but why is stealth being reworked so drastically? So you're giving a small percentage of the player base an entirely new way to play when there are many champions out there that need individual re-works.

Just off the top of my head I feel like healers in general need to be re-worked. I don't think it's fair that a team can roll with two healers, an amumu and two high-dps (annie...malz..etc) and just face-roll any lesser teams.

I feel like (FOR EXAMPLE) Shen needs a good looking into. He's a reasonably powerful champ, but his kit has zero coefficient from building him as a tank and you can't even build him with the tanky-ap items because a good majority of them have wasted itemization. Rod of Ages, for example, wastes a ton of itemization on mana which he doesn't even use. Frozen Heart again gives mana, which he can't use.

The only ability he has that scales off of building him as a tank is his passive and the coefficient is ridiculously low. In fights you end up basically just dashing then spamming feint and hovering your ult in case you needed it. NONE of his other abilities scale off of anything other than AP....and AP Shen blows from what I've seen. The real problem here is that a half way decent team will ignore Shen after his taunt wears off and just go after the nearby dps/support. Shen has absolutely zero way to do any area damage or area disable. His taunt could be called an AOE, but it's such a relatively small area that simply spreading out pretty much negates it. Basically what I'm getting at here is we have a tank that really only does his job if the other team is dumber than a box of rocks or you manage to dominate your lane early....which again leads back to the whole 'dumber than a box of rocks' thing.

So - Why do you have champions out there with coefficients that support certain item builds, but their kit plus current items do NOT support those builds in any sort of viable method?

There's more than one champion that's like Shen, too. Shen is JUST AN EXAMPLE.