@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drekor

07-12-2011

Quote:
"Wriggles" for supports?
Yes please.

NerfSorakaOP

07-12-2011

Can someone please tell me whats going to be change , i am not that good in understand long english paragraphs , can someone tell me what he said in simple english

Northpaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

For clarification, will clairvoyance and sight wards (and Teemo shrooms, etc) give any vision of Twitch and Evelynn, or does the stealth detection belong uniquely to champions? Also, would pets such as Tibbers reveal them?

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

07-12-2011

Hi guys!

I've been working on the Eve and Twitch remakes that coincide with the stealth remake. I'll try to post details soon and get some community feedback on it.

Verosce

07-12-2011

This looks pretty awesome, and seems like it's being well-received, but what about stealth as an escape mechanic? I can't count the times I've lost an eve or twitch when they run from backdooring a tower and stealth into the jungle, and annoying as it is, it seems like one of their more attractive features.

Is the difference between the regular-vision and stealth-vision bubbles small enough that this won't be affected, or what?

Tanoshii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerfSorakaOP View Post
Can someone please tell me whats going to be change , i am not that good in understand long english paragraphs , can someone tell me what he said in simple english
Are you serious? He pretty much gave it to you in simple english.

ZallKlos

07-12-2011

Question to Xyph:

Is Twitch a carry with invisibility(stealth)? Or an invisible character(stealther) that can carry?

The difference?

Twitch is a ranged AD carry due to his ultimate, damage and attack speed bonus. Invisibility is just a bonus. He'll mainly be farming bot with a support. But will sometime sneak out for a gank.

Twitch is mainly an assassin. He mainly sneaks and roams across the map picking him easy targets. Once roaming is too unsafe, he'll transition to an AD carry role.

Is Twitch becoming more carry'ish or more assassin'ish?

I'm not asking to revert the chance on his ultimate but it currently feels very lacking.

Ko Hakoo

07-12-2011

It appears that this eye particle is similar in implementation of "the ball" distance for Orianna. What an interesting way to take one mechanic and apply it to sight.

I'm sure it is much more complicated than I make it seem, but I am impressed that Mr. Xypherous could create such an awesome champion, and then also make great design changes to stealth champions.

zztt

07-12-2011

Interesting changes, I like how you are going for stealth as more of something that allows you to move around unseen vs something that lets you gank someone with no hope of detection outside of pink ward/oracles.

This still lets stealth have its use in helping out setting up a gank, and is still very good for avoiding wards(if you decide to let normal wards not see stealth). This also lets you have functionality of undetectable stealth if you ever wanted it for say an ultimate as well.

How will this effect the price of Oracles/Pink Wards, as they would now be losing one of their primary purposes of countering stealth characters? I cannot imagine much change there since we did not see Eve/Twitch around very often anyway, but have you given it any thoughts?

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verosce View Post
This looks pretty awesome, and seems like it's being well-received, but what about stealth as an escape mechanic? I can't count the times I've lost an eve or twitch when they run from backdooring a tower and stealth into the jungle, and annoying as it is, it seems like one of their more attractive features.

Is the difference between the regular-vision and stealth-vision bubbles small enough that this won't be affected, or what?
Its still usable if you juke with it. You can fake going one way through a brush (since they cant see you at all in brush unless they're in it) and try to juke your way out of range to be out of their vision bubble.

In addition, these characters are getting some mechanics to help them out in general.
Evelynn's new stun will not be tied to stealth for example.