@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hey Aqualung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

how about oracles providing a longer-range in addition to ones built-in orcs?

PastrySandwich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

What is blocking us on releasing this:
Implementation will break the servers

enigma7767

07-12-2011

Really like the sound of this....only thing...I thought the unlimited scouting was an issue...this does not address that at all...although even if you leave this in this change is very much welcome....As long as the opposing player has time to react before eve is in range...I am sure you are considering latency and stuff in it, but the visibility does not help if you have to react in .5 secs.

PhantomOfAres

07-12-2011

Wow. Thanks for the quick, detailed response. An unexpected delight, thanks much!

Boreall

07-12-2011

Quote:
It will not initially. Only long term stealth abilities will be changed.

The others will probably be reworded as "invisiblity" to distinct the two. Short term tactical stealths are in a much better place currently.

However, items that reveal stealth may be broadened a tad and Oracles may be on the block for being removed, so that will tangentially affect him.
Xyph, as an honest question, How does permanent stealth keep them from being over-powered? Or I guess what I'm really asking it- We'll still have sight wards to place, right?

If we can't have sight wards, this worries me

MV101

Recruiter

07-12-2011

Quote:
It will not initially. Only long term stealth abilities will be changed.

The others will probably be reworded as "invisiblity" to distinct the two. Short term tactical stealths are in a much better place currently.

However, items that reveal stealth may be broadened a tad and Oracles may be on the block for being removed, so that will tangentially affect him.
But your rework brings up some of the issues that were on Riki. Once he hit level 6, everybody was now effectively a target. However, a gem of truesight pretty much made him useless for the entire game. I feel that this is going to happen to Eve, since she's melee, but not Twitch, since he's ranged with his ult.

What are you going to do about this?

PlasmicSword

07-12-2011

Quote:
What I am testing right now - Additionally

"Wriggles" for supports?
Do want.

Boreall

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillette Series View Post
how about oracles providing a longer-range in addition to ones built-in orcs?
I think part of this problem is that stealthers are already broken by Oracles.

ChozoSyra

07-12-2011

Thank you Xy, this idea sounds really good.

Wav3Break

Live Balance Intern

07-12-2011

Won't Evelynn's abilities to initiate (since she has to get into melee range) be completely gimped by giving the enemy completely sight of her if she is within range? Have you tested just having a warning indicator for players that warn them when a stealth champ is in X range but doesn't reveal the character model of the stealthed champ to the player?