@ RIOT - The Current State of Heimerdinger

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

07-11-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exadi View Post
His exact post, word for word:

Good guy. I appreciate at least one of the Reds being able to step forward and give us some info. But, Lord Oliveira, do tell me how this is different from Shurelia or Classik stating months ago that Heimer would get buffed 'soon' and they would be 'looking into it'. Again, I love and respect the guy (especially his contribution to Pony threads), so don't take this as any form of hate towards him, but this is just a dressed up way of saying 'soon' to appease the masses of Heimer fans, or lack thereof. By all means, your rebuttal is welcome <3 Love to see what you see in this post.
No hate felt on my end so don't worry. The reason I posted was to confirm that we are indeed looking into Heimer (seriously we are) and have a number of changes in the works. I gave the disclaimer about it not coming out super fast is because there is a variety of changes that we are experimenting with, primarily when it comes to turrets and the ultimate which are highly contentious areas for both Heimer players and the other players in the game. We are trying a variety of approaches to make these work (some much more drastic than others). Many of these changes may ultimately not make it into the changes which is why I am being intentionally light on the details. We will update folks more as we get closer and narrow down the scope and extent of the changes.

For a bit of context, Heimer is one of the most challenging champions to make adjustments to due to balancing fan expectations, while reducing and avoiding reintroducing toxic elements of his gameplay, and making him a more viable/fun champion. At the end of the day this remake is for the Heimer players so he needs to be more fun/awesome for Heimer players without causing damage to overall game health. It is not an easy task and I greatly appreciate your patience and comments. Threads like these are helpful and while I don't respond much due to time constraints, seeing all this feedback on our end is very helpful. Input from folks who really enjoy playing Heimer currently or have enjoyed him in the past is also super useful.

Science is magic,
- Pony

Spearball

07-11-2011

A lot of players still remember Uber Heimer from a year ago, and a lot of us will quit on the spot if he ever comes back.

Just saying.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

07-11-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearball View Post
A lot of players still remember Uber Heimer from a year ago, and a lot of us will quit on the spot if he ever comes back.

Just saying.
Agreed, that's what we're trying to avoid while still making him fun & viable. I love the little dude and still shudder when I think of those days. XD

TheSwagDandy

07-11-2011

change hems uti to him making a mini tower turrent that would viable and freaking awesome

Kadzin

07-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
No hate felt on my end so don't worry. The reason I posted was to confirm that we are indeed looking into Heimer (seriously we are) and have a number of changes in the works. I gave the disclaimer about it not coming out super fast is because there is a variety of changes that we are experimenting with, primarily when it comes to turrets and the ultimate which are highly contentious areas for both Heimer players and the other players in the game. We are trying a variety of approaches to make these work (some much more drastic than others). Many of these changes may ultimately not make it into the changes which is why I am being intentionally light on the details. We will update folks more as we get closer and narrow down the scope and extent of the changes.

For a bit of context, Heimer is one of the most challenging champions to make adjustments to due to balancing fan expectations, while reducing and avoiding reintroducing toxic elements of his gameplay, and making him a more viable/fun champion. At the end of the day this remake is for the Heimer players so he needs to be more fun/awesome for Heimer players without causing damage to overall game health. It is not an easy task and I greatly appreciate your patience and comments. Threads like these are helpful and while I don't respond much due to time constraints, seeing all this feedback on our end is very helpful. Input from folks who really enjoy playing Heimer currently or have enjoyed him in the past is also super useful.

Science is magic,
- Pony
A FeralPony post! It's been a while since I've seen one.

Bring back the 5 turret Heimer!
/duck

Anomandar

07-11-2011

I wouldn't want the task of reworking Heimer. I would say he's the hardest champion to balance correctly with Pantheon a close second.

Rei Ayanami

07-11-2011

Yay now I can play my main again and my team wont hate me for it.

Spearball

07-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralPony View Post
Agreed, that's what we're trying to avoid while still making him fun & viable. I love the little dude and still shudder when I think of those days. XD
Yeah, thanks. I don't mean to come off as demanding or anything, it's just that those days were horrible memories for me.

ChibiTushi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearball View Post

Just saying.
Remember how 'Uber Heimer' wasn't even Uber a few weeks, or even a month leading up to him, and before that there was no changes to him?

Community = lawlzy

Recently

07-11-2011

His turrets are hard to balance around. They used to be godly early game and can still be decent even now, but every new champ these days, especially the ranged or ap variety can kill his turrets out of range safely/easily. Alot of tanky dps champs can dive him next to double turrets early game and kill him pretty safely.

His current early game is very very weak. His end game is still good/strong imo but reaching it can be difficult. Adding a 3rd turret again might make him too strong, but maybe reimplement the stacking damage buff his turrets got from attacking 7 times, or buffing the attack range of the turrets so that ranged/ap champs cant kill them so easily would help.