Leona's lore.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2011

An oddity and a kudos.

First the oddity. She is supposed to be childhood friends with Pantheon. She was protected by sun powers when she was a teen and up for execution for refusal to engage in a duel to the death. In the latest Journal of Justice Pantheon is not immediately aware of what the giant sun burst means. (Although he does understand the implications.)

I'm trying to figure out how these events work together. Is Pantheon actually low 20s or teenage?

The Kudos though is the implication the other members of the Solaris sect are veterans and thus have killed. (At least in the ritual combat) As such Leona would potentially be the first member of the society to not have killed. Thus explaining why they never had sun powers but she developed them. That is the fact her decision to refuse to kill and outlook that she should defend is why she is special.

So kudos for a good subtle explanation.

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

07-08-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Pantheon is aware of the powers of the Solari--his comment in the JoJ is in reference to the fact that the only member of the Solari to actually bear the power to call down the sun was the founder himself. From the bio:

Quote:
He claimed Mount Targon’s summit, the point on Valoran closest to the sun, for his solar devotion, a tradition which generations of Solari have preserved to this day. Though they maintain their reverence, no other warrior possessed the gifts of the founder – until Leona.
Pantheon actually does know that Leona might bear this gift; he's surprised because of the sheer amount that her powers have apparently improved (note that the sun protected her at her Rite of Kor; she didn't consciously call upon it herself). The ability to call the sun's power during the night is not something he believed any living Solari capable of. Leona has certainly become something special since their childhood days. : )

I hope that helps!

Vuther

07-08-2011

That's a good point...though when I think about it, I don't have any issues with making Pantheon something around a teenager instead of the initial assumption of just "young adult" since it makes seem even more fragging badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
Pantheon is aware of the powers of the Solari--his comment in the JoJ is in reference to the fact that the only member of the Solari to actually bear the power to call down the sun was the founder himself. From the bio:

Pantheon actually does know that Leona might bear this gift; he's surprised because of the sheer amount that her powers have apparently improved (note that the sun protected her at her Rite of Kor; she didn't consciously call upon it herself). The ability to call the sun's power during the night is not something he believed any living Solari capable of. Leona has certainly become something special since their childhood days. : )

I hope that helps!
Oh, that was fast! Makes sense too. Still think the implications of Pantheon and Leona being teenagers and such exceptional warriors would of been kinda cool, though...

IHkLGuCIwEZ3YbRT

07-08-2011

Quote:

I hope that helps!
Ty for clarifying for everyone ^_^

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

07-08-2011

Quote:

I hope that helps!
Thanks for the prompt response. I have added this to our mini-lore / red FAQ section for future reference.

BadgerDrool

07-08-2011

I suspected that'd be the explanation. Thanks.

Teganze

07-08-2011

Always nice to see Reds in the lore forum! Just sayin' ^_^.

Hoping that the JoJ covers more of this new duo in LoL!