"If you nerf Irelia again she's going to be worthless and non-viable"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

if you give that much farm to olaf he's going to do the same thing. who cares? it's very impractical

enderkin

07-07-2011

Most assassins have strong escape abilities that allow them to leave a fight without getting hit. they rely on positioning and fog of war to make their moves on carries, then leave.

Irelia does not need half as much positioning as kassadin does, particularly because she can run through crowd control (35 percent versus at least 50%+, GTFO if you think that's nothing--consider the difference between no mercury treads and mercury treads) and gains life in 2 different ways. strategies extoll her ability to live through concentrated fire, kill the person in question, and leave--thus, Guinsoo's rage. Very different.

Peach Plum Pair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderkin View Post
Most assassins have strong escape abilities that allow them to leave a fight without getting hit. they rely on positioning and fog of war to make their moves on carries, then leave.

Irelia does not need half as much positioning as kassadin does, particularly because she can run through crowd control (35 percent versus at least 50%+, GTFO if you think that's nothing--consider the difference between no mercury treads and mercury treads) and gains life in 2 different ways. strategies extoll her ability to live through concentrated fire, kill the person in question, and leave--thus, Guinsoo's rage. Very different.
With Mercury Treads I can get out alive 2% of the times I'm stunned
Without it I get out of 1%?

Srs, anyone except tanks and tanky deeps that get Merc Treads are dead even with 65% stun time.

Phritz

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizley View Post
Guinsoo is a straight up ******.

Isn't he the guy who redid Alistar and Gangplank? I think we can safely say he has zero concept of balance.
Isn't he the guy who did DotA 5? I think we can safely say he has zero concept of balance.

Omegaorb

07-07-2011

as a person who mains Irelia, I would like to point out that if shes using blade surge to farm minions, then put yourself in a spot where you'll be able to damage her after the surge. At worst, she surges forward to another minion, and loses a ton of mana if she doesn't kill it. At best, you have some form of CC and can punish her for aggressive farming. Too often I'll 2v1 top lane, and I'll surge-farm and people will back off every time I surge, even if I don't attack them, ever. Also, if you push an Irelia to her tower, you're really only doing her a favor, since with surge it's very easy to still last hit even against tower damage, so now shes farming AND well protected by her tower. If you dive her, she's gonna stun you, and laugh as you get gunned down 200+ damage at a time.

tl;dr. Don't push Irelia's back, be aggressive against surge farmers.

Razyy

07-07-2011

today bot went 2/6
top (irelia) went 2/5 against lane trundle
mid was fine and went positive
jungle went 1/6 dying to golem included

we won... irelia got her triforce randuins frozen heart GA and it was... over.

nice comeback

otirruborez

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Tenshi View Post
Xin, Noctune or jax could do the same when fed more a little than the opponets? whats so special pointing out Irelia ?

If both deaths were because the 2 people were on low health, then its a nice hit and run.
irelia can free farm(even while being attacked) to get to that point easier.

Flaming June

07-07-2011

Here's what Guinsoo saw:

Oh, an extremely farmed and probably fed Irelia who has built well charged into a team of squishies who are probably underleveled by comparison, killed a couple and managed to escape.

And here's what he thinks he saw:

DURR IRELIA OP SHE KILL ALL DAY NEVER DIE WTF SO OP

Yeah, Guinsoo is a ****. Wish he'd go back to DotA Allstars or whatever it was and ruin that game for them instead of screwing with us.

Volt Punch

07-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizley View Post
guinsoo is a straight up ******.

Isn't he the guy who redid alistar and gangplank? I think we can safely say he has zero concept of balance.
this!

Guinsoo

Game Designer

07-07-2011
1 of 5 Riot Posts

And you guys wonder why we don't post here?

All I did was say that it made me sad that she can do this. There are so many overreactions and hyperbole here it's not even funny.

Good day.